Need a watch, ~$300, simple with power reserve w/ opt. visible movement, not homages/parnis/seagull - Page 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Need a watch, ~$300, simple with power reserve w/ opt. visible movement, not homages/parnis/seagull

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Need a watch, ~$300, simple with power reserve w/ opt. visible movement, not homages/parnis/seag

If you can spend a little more than the $500, I think you can get a Seiko Premier 6R20, which is easily the best movement in your price range. Easily.

Attachment 572097

Re: Need a watch, ~$300, simple with power reserve w/ opt. visible movement, not homages/parnis/seag

Many Swiss watch companies use an ETA movement, Tissot included. Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but nearly every company owned by the Swatch group uses either a stock, or a modified ETA movement, except some of the top tier companies, (I'm thinking of Blancpain). Tissot Is a good brand, but then again, Orient, although not well known out of the WIS community, is a very good Japanese brand owned 51% by Seiko, another very good brand.
    CitizenM likes this.

Found this one.. But I like the dial on the Mido you posted way better.

I know Seikos are good, but ever since I was young - my dad always bought Seikos. I'd rather get something different.

I guess having the power reserve display isn't very important, but I always thought it'd be cool to see it charge up from movements.

Edit: Oops, should've seen the price first, haha
    Last edited by deliverusfromgod; December 6th, 2011 at 05:14.
    CitizenM likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Alright. I did research on the Seiko Premier 6R20, and it's over 1k. Where could I get it for cheaper?

And although it's a bit cluttered than I usually like, the watch could look super classy with some suede strap.
    CitizenM likes this.

var

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    If you can spend a little more than the $500, I think you can get a Seiko Premier 6R20, which is easily the best movement in your price range. Easily.

Attachment 572097
    Hmm.. Attachment doesn't seem to work. But I want one...

Here's a thread about the said watch.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/pre...re-125683.html

Whew, even if your dad bought a lot of Seiko, it would be hard to be sick of this.

borrowed from another thread :)
    CitizenM likes this.
    Kain, inom, tulog.

That's tough! $300 for what you want? i don't know other than a parnis.
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; December 6th, 2011 at 22:33. Reason: language

It's a wonderful watch. I have the movement that's one up from it in Seiko's line:

Name:  303106_809769777894_18308506_39001843_1880228346_n.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  36.3 KB

It looks like the prices went up a lot since I last looked. I was going to buy one about a year ago and I could see them for around $600. I almost bought one in great condition used for like $450 over the summer. But I do see some website where they're at $750--however, that's a lot more than you went into this willing to spend.

You might also try looking for used Seiko SARCs, they have the exact same movement in them. Usually SARCs cost more than the Premiers though. They do look great.

Ok, I had to look a little, but I did find a website that's still around $500:

Seiko Watches | Chronograph | Automatic | Sportura | Titaniumry googling "Seiko premier automatic" and just look through all the listings in shopping. It looks like a lot of dealers aren't using the exact model number.

I know nothing about these dealers though, so investigate before you click buy.

Quote Originally Posted by deliverusfromgod View Post
    Browsed around Tissot, and found this.

It can be bought for $236. I don't know if it's a good deal or not, I'll need to do some research since I've never heard of Tissot.

Looks like it'd be good with a brown leather band. I'm going to look at Mido, and see if they have a model to my liking.

I don't mind shelling out up to $500, is there a higher brand than Tissot?
    $236? - unless it's a fake or heavily used I would be mightily surprised - it's about $1400 retail ($1050 discounted on Amazon)!
    The Tissot T-Classic Le Locle Mens Watch T41.1.423.33 is $425 ish and is a great buy in that range..... looks nice and clean without the power reserve IMHO.

If I were in your position, I would quell the desire to get something now by getting this
    Name:  81vzeQa5IyL._AA1500_.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  120.6 KBOrient CFD0001W at $55 (Amazon)it won't break the bank, you can see whether the brand works for you....and you can continue to save for what you really want.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Cave Quid Optes

Le Locle Men's Ivory Automatic Classic Watch T0064241126300 | tissotwatchonsale.com

I was looking at that. But after taking a look at their FAQ, I guess they just get the parts from Tissot and build it there. I don't know how to feel about that.

The Orient is pretty much a steal but I wonder how much I'll be satisfied by the watch. I've seen better watch designs today, and I think I'll just save my money up for the Hamilton or the Mido Multifort.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information