Need waterproff advice about Invicta 10667 diver
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Need waterproff advice about Invicta 10667 diver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need waterproff advice about Invicta 10667 diver

New to this forum- value the knowledge base of "experience". I bought my first Invicta- a 10667 "diver". Took to the watch shop (authentic swiss trained technician, nice Swiss lady who runs shop) for band adjusment and she advised me that it was not truly waterproof, not to even shower in it. She said "You should see all the "waterproof" Invictas we get in here with water inside them." Now I don't dive, but would like the freedom to dunk my wrist if I have to without fear. Any advice about the lack of waterproofing in this brand? It is quartz

Banned

Re: Need waterproff advice about Invicta 10667 diver

Quote Originally Posted by Babette18 View Post
    New to this forum- value the knowledge base of "experience". I bought my first Invicta- a 10667 "diver". Took to the watch shop (authentic swiss trained technician, nice Swiss lady who runs shop) for band adjusment and she advised me that it was not truly waterproof, not to even shower in it. She said "You should see all the "waterproof" Invictas we get in here with water inside them." Now I don't dive, but would like the freedom to dunk my wrist if I have to without fear. Any advice about the lack of waterproofing in this brand? It is quartz
    Her opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's here; however it's nice that she was pleasant and had your best interests in mind.

Get the watch pressure tested. Then you'll know the truth. Opinions aren't very useful compared to test results.
    Babette18 likes this.

IN MY OPINION you should Send it back to INVICTER & purchase another brand.You won't find much love here for them.
    They are notorious for crappy watches,CRAPPY SERVICE & SHADY SALESMAN
    J.Harris, Munsta750 and JPfeuffer like this.
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    IN MY OPINION you should Send it back to INVICTER & purchase another brand.You won't find much love here for them.
    let's try to be less harsh to the newer members...
    Babette18 likes this.
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Inactive

As far as I know Invicta has poor Quality Control. Some Invictas are good quality, others are bad, it depends on your luck.

About the waterproofing, just get it tested at a local watch shop. It is really cheap and will show you if the watch is waterproof or not.
    Babette18 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21x View Post
    let's try to be less harsh to the newer members...
    Sorry was just trying to save them time , $$$ & heartache..

I said IMO
    Babette18, Munsta750 and JPfeuffer like this.
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

Only one way to be sure - send it down
    Babette18 and Rentacop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    LOL- no harm, no foul- prefer succinct to fluff. Did not pay over $60 for it, like the look. ()My indiglo timex was $32). I am newly addicted to the watch hunt, so it was a first time purchase. Found this forum while investigating the waterproof issue- that's a win! Probably worth the moey for hat alone.
    Rentacop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyfan13 View Post
    Her opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's here; however it's nice that she was pleasant and had your best interests in mind.

Get the watch pressure tested. Then you'll know the truth. Opinions aren't very useful compared to test results.
    So- If the presse test is a fail, I can return the watch based on that?

The truth hurts....But she told you the truth.
    I doubt you can return it, unless you used a credit card....In which case, whatever...Return it and buy something that is better.
    This is my expert opinion.
    Last edited by little big feather; May 13th, 2014 at 02:59.
    Babette18 likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information