I am considering adding a daily wear watch to my collection which I plan to always keep between 3-4. (I am usually pretty gentle with my watches so I'm not calling a beater)
Having a tough time finding some good options.
- Should be able to dress up and down (casual sport setting to business casual)
- budget $2000. Ideally would like to stay below $1500
- Manual wind (would like to nicely wind it myself every morning)
- Display back (the best looking movement my money can buy with other criteria)
- Central seconds
- Atleast 50M Water resistance
- case size 38-42 (my wrist is 7"). I don't like wearing big watches
- Clean dial
GOOD TO HAVE:
- 5 year complete service cost ~$300 (don't want to spend more than 15%)
- Quickset date
- Swiss or German only
- weight <100 grams (with strap.. I don't usually wear bracelets)
I have the following watches I like and are thinking though they don't fit all my criteria:
- Stowa flieger no logo date ( problem is 2801 movement is sold out and the unitas has no date or central seconds option). I have a fascination for aviation.
- Nomos club datum (dosent have Lume or quickset date, central seconds and it's just a bit above budget)
like simple and unique watches that exude quality and finesse. Can you recommend some options that I should consider.
ps: the other watches in my collection (Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Blue and Victorinox alliance black dial/SS)