neewbie advice please..

Thread: neewbie advice please..

neewbie advice please..

hi peeps, been browsing the forums for a while now and really enjoying them so thought i'd get my feet wet and make a post. iv'e recently decided to fulfill a dream of mine and purchase two quality watches, one for dress and a sports watch, iv'e always loved iwc and so my first purchase was an iwc pilot mark xv with bracelet which i absolutly love.. (will post pics soon) and i now am looking for a good sports watch. i have recently come across a breitling avenger seawolf titanium with yellow dial and black rubber strap but am a little concerned it may dwarf my tiny wrist any views on it's actual size would be good as i cannot find one localy to try on? iv'e been offerd one from a private seller for 1200 with all papers and boxed its a 2007 but has yet to be serviced, seems a good price what do you rekon? many thanks in advance gary..

Re: neewbie advice please..

im not sure about the size of the watch you're referring to but in my opinion, unless its over 46mm, or unless your wrist is really skinny, you'll be fine. I have a skinny wrist myself (not sure of wrist size) and i have a seamaster chrono which is 42mm, and a B&M which is 42mm, and they dont look big at all (I dont think). I recently tried on one of the Oris divers which was about 46mm i think and i thought it looked great..which i was surprised about. I thought it'd look stupid. I think above 46mm is just too big for most wrists though. For non dress watches you can get away with having them a bit bigger.
    As for the servicing on the watch, its probably about time it had one, although it could prob run fine for another 5 years without being serviced..i think its a bit of pot luck. Recently my seamaster started losing about 15sec per day and i'd only had it for 3.5 years. I had it serviced with was NOT a cheap exercise, but now it barely runs beyond -/+ 1 sec per day so im happy.
    Hope this helps mate

Firstly, welcome to the forum!
    Anyway, the was is 44mm, and roughly 17mm thick. Get over to the Breitling forum for some photos!
    Regarding servicing, 4 years is fine. Breitling recommend every 5 years, but you should be ok for another 3 or 4 should everything still be running ok.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

cheers fellas... much appreciated.

Personally, I believe it is the thickness measurement that often causes the "dwarfing" of any wrist, and not necessarily the width. I think this often explains why a wider case is adequate on smaller wrists, while a thicker piece, smaller in width, can sometimes look unusual. I've recently tried on a Panerai at 46mm, which I thought would look like I was wearing Big Ben on my wrist, but because it wasn't nearly as thick as it was wide (proportionally of course), it actually looked very nice on.

Hi there, I owned one of these just as described; my wrist is 6 3/4", and I could pull it off mainly because the Seawolf has short lugs.
    Great watch by the way.

Cheers

The Ti Seawolf is the one Breitling I really want above the others. With the yellow dial obviously! The case is not that wide when wearing but you may find it very high on the wrist. Sometimes this can look excessively heavy but the watch is fantastic so I'd have one anyway! I've seen these for £1600 so the price isnt bad and you could afford a service with the difference if you have to.

Thread Information