The new additions to the family - when it rains....
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The new additions to the family - when it rains....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The new additions to the family - when it rains....

I managed to get off the island where i work for a weeklong business trip - and that involved taking some time off to go to my local multi-brand AD and pick up my next watch, and also swing by my other domicile and collect the stuff that has come for me in the mail.

I've mentioned before - i am a dive instructor and run a dive center/resort. I already had an IWC Aqautimer as my "office wear" watch, and recently got the Seiko OM to actually take in the water (although i am still waiting for the 2 NATO straps i had ordered for it). I wanted a mid-range watch that i could take with me on more active holidays and wear while swimming, kitesurfing or whatever, without having to worry hugely about roughing it up. The Longines Heritage Diver fit the bill - looks different from the usual run-of-the-mill watch, can be dressed up or down by changing the strap, waterproof to 300m and also a very interesting past. Got a great deal from my AD and it was a no-brainer.

The Orient Pepsi i had ordered a while back as a second diver - something that i can actually take in the water when i dive. I have the Orange Monster, but wanted to have a second watch as a change of pace. Plus, I dig the Pepsi color combo (although I am a Coke/Coke Zero person myself).

The third watch, partially concealed so as to fit with forum guidelines, is a Parnis Panerai homage, which i have ordered to see how well i get along with a PAM sized watch (this paid off really well for me with the Rodina, as it helped me realize that the Nomos wouldnt work well for me. The jury is still out on the Panerai).

The fourth... well, em, about that. I also got my Staub mesh bracelet for the Longines yesterday, so took it to the AD this afternoon to have it sized and installed. And while i was waiting, the Tissot Touch got my attention. I frequently go hiking in the mountains, etc and while i have had a G-Shock I use for ages, I dont quite like it as much anymore, now that i have a bunch of nicer watches. The Tissot is the perfect outdoor watch for me. This was a bit of an impulse buy, as i was standing around the shop waiting for me.

Ok, that's officially f**ktons of watches to have gotten in 22 days so far (the Seiko OM came in the first week of Jan). Now, time to ease off till April/May, when i buy my JLC or Zenith.
    Last edited by vkalia; January 22nd, 2015 at 13:24.
    Legion681, Shockwave and LadyTime like this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Re: The new additions to the family - when it rains....

Many congrats!
    vkalia likes this.

You live on an island? I'm jealous! Nice watches btw
    vkalia likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the PAM parnis idea to see if you like the PAM. I have never actually lived with a PAM and I may like it. I should try that. I should have done that with a Daytona parnis or something to see if I like it instead of getting it and then selling it. Luckily, with Daytonas, you can almost get all your money back
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

Love the LLD especially. Congrats on everything though!
    vkalia likes this.
    Jaeger Lecoultre Master Grande Ultra Thin Date, Bucherer Edition
    Rolex
    Sea Dweller 4000, ref 116600 / Datejust, ref 116234 / Milgauss, ref 116400
    Longines Conquest Heritage 1954-2014 (#13 of 60)
    Grand Seiko SBGA011 / SBGV005
    Seiko SBBN015
    Sinn 140 A (#087 of 500)
    + others...

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    I like the PAM parnis idea to see if you like the PAM. I have never actually lived with a PAM and I may like it.
    While I actually get really good prices on watches in this part of the world, it is typically only the big brands and relatively smaller selection. So it is often hard to try out the more exotic stuff. And I find looking at my wrist in a store - or even standing against a mirror - doesnt give me a good idea of how the watch will wear with different clothes, etc. The homages provide an inexpensive way to try this out.

Helped me rule out the Nomos, helped me rule out silver dials - but the PAM is a bit tricky. The Parnis looks nice when i wear it, but when i tried on an actual PAM at a dealer yesterday, it seemed way too big. Gonna live with the Parnis for a while, to figure out if it is just a sudden change in watch size that is getting to me, or something else.

Toothbras - yep. The one i am on is about 12 miles x 8 miles :)
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Congrats on the watches but you get good prices on watches on an island you live on!?!? Are we talking about heaven, Sir. :) where is this wonderful place? :) love the LLD and the touch, awesome choices.
    Last edited by asadtiger; January 22nd, 2015 at 15:58.

LLD Awesome!
    Tropical Island Priceless!
    LOL

I soon to be on a Tropical Island.
    Last edited by JoeKing; January 22nd, 2015 at 16:30.
    vkalia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
    Congrats on the watches but you get good prices on watches on an island you live on!?!? Are we talking about heaven, Sir. :) where is this wonderful place? :) love the LLD and the touch, awesome choices.
    Nah man, we got the first ATM on this island a couple of years ago, and I dont even 2G data, let alone 3G or 4G. I have to take a ferry and a 2 hour flight to get to anywhere with watch shops. I dont even get international mail here, so all my mail accrues at another address, and i get to pick it up every month - it is like Christmas every 30 days :)

It's a chain of islands off the coast of Phuket. And thanks! :)
    asadtiger and LadyTime like this.
    Others

Awesome! I hope to pick up the Longines one day. I must admit, I am jealous about the island part. You should get me a job there
    vkalia likes this.
    Current Rotation:Rolex Yacht-Master 116655, Rolex CHNR GMT Master II Ceramic 126711, Rolex Milgauss 116400GV, Tudor Pelagos, Tudor Black Bay Red

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information