New Arrival with Pics - Better Late Than Never

Thread: New Arrival with Pics - Better Late Than Never

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Arrival with Pics - Better Late Than Never

First, I want to thank all those who helped a newbie out and tolerated my many annoying "this or that" questions. Second, my apologies for not posting pics sooner. Better late than never!

I won't write a full review, in keeping with ulackfocus' 6 month rule, so instead I'll just provide a note on "first impressions." I was looking for a simple and classy dress watch, had an approximate $1,500 USD budget, and finally chose the Baume & Mercier Classima Executive 8731.

Here's a quick rundown of the vitals: ETA 2824-2 movement, with 25 jewels; 42mm case size and 9.5mm thick; water resistant to 30M; polished stainless steel case; sliver face with the lined guilloche; blue steeled hands; applied Roman numerals; dark brown genuine alligator strap with triple fold deployant; stainless steel caseback with a small sapphire crystal window to view the movement.

Quick first impression (after 2 months): The watch itself is simply gorgeous to look at. Baume & Mercier has done an excellent job on the fit and finish end of the spectrum. I replaced the dark brown strap with a B&M black one, and that really dresses up the watch. Both the strap and deployant are very comfortable. The watch has feels substantial on the wrist, which I like. The lugs curve downward, hugging your wrist, which adds to the comfort of the watch, while slenderizing its appearance.

Baume & Mercier did a really great job with the hands. The long, blue steel hands look black from a head on perspective, but at an angle, or when the light reflects off them…wow! Gorgeous!

While I'm still in the enamored stage, as a first dress watch I am extremely pleased. This is first and foremost a classy dress watch and fits the bill very nicely.

Excuse the non-professional pics (note the first two have the brown strap while the remaining are with the black strap):

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Re: New Arrival with Pics - Better Late Than Never

It looks great on your wrist. I have several B & M watches and I am happy with them all. They make a great looking watch. What's next on your watch purchase list?
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    It looks great on your wrist. I have several B & M watches and I am happy with them all. They make a great looking watch. What's next on your watch purchase list?
    Thanks. I am enjoying it immensely.

Next watch will likely be an Omega. Decision point is a) waiting for about a year and getting a Speedy Pro, or b) get the black Bond, which I can do sooner (or the PO, cost differential is not that great - it'll come down to aesthetics and how it feels on my wrist), and then get a Stowa shortly thereafter.

Augh, decisions!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great pick-up! The open-heart Classima Executive is one of my favorite watches and remains on my acquisition list. Great review and nice wrist shot. Your "next" watch choices are very solid as well. Congrats and glad to have you aboard!
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

looks great bigdubs. it screams class!
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

That is an amazingly beautiful watch. I can't imagine how you could have made a better choice. Congratulations. Wear it in good health.

Beautiful! Looks great on you; congratulations!!
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Excellent choice! Mine says hello.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful. Pretty much the perfect dress watch.

Great post! Excellent looking watch with a beautiful dial.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information