New Article on Presidential hypocrisy and watches
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: New Article on Presidential hypocrisy and watches

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Article on Presidential hypocrisy and watches

This is a not too detailed (and short) look at the watches POTUSs have worn and how they're designed to give off a common man feel when in reality, they are anything but common.

Watch This | National Review Online

I was always thought it looked out of place when I saw Clinton wearing that digital ironman (or casio, I don't remember).

Thought?

The bit about Mitt Romney at the end is priceless, even if his watch is not!
    avusblue likes this.
    Michael

The Better
    Rolex Oysterquartz day/date 19018 (yellow gold); Rolex Oyster Perpetual day/date 18039 (white gold); Rolex Yachtmaster 116622; Omega Seamaster Co-Axial Professional 2220.80; Eterna KonTiki Date 1220.41.63.0268; Ball Engineer Master II Aviator GMT GM1086C-L1-BK; Franck Muller Casablanca 5850 (Salmon dial); Panerai Luminor Marina PAM 111; Frederic Constant Vintage Rally Healey GMT FC350CH5B4

The Good
    Smiths Everest PRS-25, Seiko SKX009 Seiko Mini Ice Monster SRP481K1 Tissot T-Race T472; Technomarine Yacht; Citizen Aqualand (circa 1989); Swiss Legend Sprinter; Stuhrling Adamas Open Heart Regulator; Shinola Runwell 41mm; Raymond Weil Tango 5560; Benrus Curvex (Circa 1930); Seiko 5 Automatic SNK805

Re: New Article on Presidential hypocrisy and watches

So? There's a lot of rich people who have old cheap cars or buy clothes from Walmart.

The reason why in the US the president can't wear fancy watches is due to the stupidity of us wanting a president we want to have a beer with. We would prefer our president to pretend to be the guy at the bar drunk off his a$$, rather than have someone who is thoughtful and intelligent. We'd rather have our president worry about the price of milk (while whining about the subsidies that let us have cheap milk) instead of worrying about foreign affairs. There's a bit of schizophrenia in American politics that force people to pander. At least the president isn't standing in line on launch day for the newest iPhone.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead123 View Post
    So? There's a lot of rich people who have old cheap cars or buy clothes from Walmart.

That's exactly why I titled the thread as I did; to point out the hypocrisy. We all know Clinton is a serious WIS, but he wore the ironman. The sillyness of it was exactly my point.
    Michael

The Better
    Rolex Oysterquartz day/date 19018 (yellow gold); Rolex Oyster Perpetual day/date 18039 (white gold); Rolex Yachtmaster 116622; Omega Seamaster Co-Axial Professional 2220.80; Eterna KonTiki Date 1220.41.63.0268; Ball Engineer Master II Aviator GMT GM1086C-L1-BK; Franck Muller Casablanca 5850 (Salmon dial); Panerai Luminor Marina PAM 111; Frederic Constant Vintage Rally Healey GMT FC350CH5B4

The Good
    Smiths Everest PRS-25, Seiko SKX009 Seiko Mini Ice Monster SRP481K1 Tissot T-Race T472; Technomarine Yacht; Citizen Aqualand (circa 1989); Swiss Legend Sprinter; Stuhrling Adamas Open Heart Regulator; Shinola Runwell 41mm; Raymond Weil Tango 5560; Benrus Curvex (Circa 1930); Seiko 5 Automatic SNK805

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes...You can identify the "looser" Presidents by their watches.
    It is so obvious.....Not a one can keep the job for very long....
    We need one with style and the ability to hold a job...
    Donf likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead123 View Post
    . At least the president isn't standing in line on launch day for the newest iPhone.
    He'd like to but he'd have to miss his being on The View, The David Letterman Shown, The Tonight Show, .....................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If we can't keep politics out of this thread it will be shut down in record time.

Thank you.

I agree that it's sad ericans would rather have a Joe six-pack type leader than someone who actually isn't afraid to portray themself as a smart leader. I want the Prez to act and dress like a rich/smart guy, I want a leader who is able to make critical decisions and have a strong ego (which is necessary for the job). Wearing a nice watch and looking like a CEO is fine with me!
    little big feather likes this.

He should dress for the job, and that means looking sharp and professional, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I've decided to make a 5,000th post "In Before the Lock" memorial photo and sit around at 4,999 for a couple of days waiting for the epic moment.

This is where my mind goes when I'm procrastinating to avoid work that I hate.

Sorry for the hijack, but I would have to agree that Presidents and candidates do silly stuff when it comes to presentation of themselves as a reflection of their values. It's laughable, really.

People may think it is ridiculous that heavily followed politicians wear modest watches, but when Moeldoko wears a Richard Mille the press jumps all over him.

It's a lose if you do, lose if you don't.
    LadyTime likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information