WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Baume Mercier Worldtimer -- questions on incorrect markings on movement

598 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  W.G. Pagel 
#1 · (Edited)
Found a watch I've wanted for a long time on eBay for a good price. I'm concerned that there's something amiss, however, because the markings on the movement are different from the stock photos. I was hoping someone with more knowledge could help me out, hope I didn't get a replica, doesn't "feel" like one to me but I'm no expert.

Thanks in advance.

My Watch
Watch Watch accessory Silver Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch accessory Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Strap

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: New Baume Mercier Worldtimer -- questions on markings on movement

Here's what the markings look like on the stock photos
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

The only other place I've seen the limited edition of this model is on aBlogtowatch, and the markings seem different on their pics too, however:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Maybe I'm being paranoid.

#3 ·

I think you're being paranoid. I really can't even see the markings clear enough that you're talking about.

Also, I highly doubt anyone would go out of their way to put out a replica of this mostly unknown watch.

It looks awesome man. Enjoy it!

#4 · (Edited)

I think you're being paranoid. I really can't even see the markings clear enough that you're talking about.

Also, I highly doubt anyone would go out of their way to put out a replica of this mostly unknown watch.

It looks awesome man. Enjoy it!
Perhaps I am, I tend to be too paranoid I guess. Thanks for the compliment. Here's a another (hopefully better) look at the markings just for kicks, marking are by the balance wheel. The interlocking "GJ" is on the left side of the balance wheel on my watch, versus on the right side in the stock photo:

Watch Strap Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

#6 ·
As far as I'm aware, it's not too uncommon for stock photos to look slightly different to the actual watch - in fact I believe relatively frequently a stock photo may be of an earlier prototype, or a slightly older model, that kind of thing. Your watch doesn't give me any kind of suspicious 'that's a fake' vibe. I'd be almost certain you're fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.