New Bracelet for Sarb017 Green Alpinist
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Bracelet for Sarb017 Green Alpinist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Bracelet for Sarb017 Green Alpinist

Hi everyone I recently visited Japan and picked up the Sarb017 love the watch but the only thing that I don't like about it which many of you will agree with is the strap. Ive been wanting to get a bracelet for it but the official bracelet for $150 is too expensive plus I would need to order it from a Japanese site. Ive been looking at bracelets on amazon and was wondering if any 20mm bracelet would fit the watch. Thanks everyone!

I cant post links yet but the one I'm most interested in is an oyster style 20mm bracelet on amazon.

Re: New Bracelet for Sarb017 Green Alpinist

The bracelet from an Invicta 8926 will fit, as will many aftermarket bracelets for the Rolex Submariner, datejust, and GMT that are sold on Ebay. With any aftermarket braclet it will be hit or miss, there is no guaranty unless you go with straight end links or the OEM.
    TheZwangster likes this.

Ok thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Seiko bracelet is well worth it, and it isn't very expensive.

Its as low as it gets for an OEM bracelet that was manufactured to fit the watch...
    Attached Images Attached Images

GreatLakesWatch and rja214 like this.
    Current collection: Tudor BB 36 |MKII Hawkinge| Seiko SARB017 | Seiko SARB035 | Seiko SBDC053| Seiko SBDC059|Seiko SBDC061| Stowa Antea KS
    wishlist: ​Seiko SBDC065, Sinn EZM 3f, Sinn 856 UTC, Sinn 356 Flieger II, Damasko DC56, Tudor Black Bay Fifty-eight, Sinn 556 i Blue

I may well have to bite the bullet soon and get a bracelet for mine, they do look good.
    Name:  30131583570_84dae09438_k_d.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  441.4 KB

The OEM bracelet for the SARB017 (on the left) is the D3A7AB bracelet. I purchased a Seiko 35C4ZZ bracelet (on the right) for my first SARB017. This bracelet was not manufactured to fit the SARB017.

Name:  Bracelet_01.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  56.8 KBName:  Bracelet_02.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  59.2 KB

I first read about this bracelet here on WUS, but can not find that particular thread (I’m not referring to the For Sale thread, if someone does a search.) I had the 35C4ZZ bracelet installed by a local watch repair man. He did a fine job, but he had to make some adjustments to the end links. Adjustments to the end links were needed to conform to the curve of the case and to make proper alignment with the lug holes that receive the spring bars.

Name:  Bracelet_03.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  91.7 KB

Name:  Bracelet_04.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  73.2 KBName:  Bracelet_05.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  70.6 KB

The end links on this bracelet are not solid. The end links on the D3A7AB are solid. That is significant because in the first instance the end links can be altered to fit a case, but in the second the end links were made specifically for this lug and case geometry.

Name:  Bracelet_06.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  78.0 KB

I paid approximately $40 for the 35C4ZZ and $15 to have it attached. I like its appearance. It is well made but made of slightly less sturdy material than the D3A7AB. I’m not sorry I purchased it or had it attached. Attaching a 35C4ZZ bracelet to a SARB017 requires tools and skills to alter the end links. That may or may not add to the overall cost. I should repeat—The Seiko 35C4ZZ bracelet was not manufactured to fit the SARB017.

I have the OEM bracelet on my second SARB017 and I find it makes a significant difference to the watch, both in appearance and in feel. So much of that is subjective, but I find I prefer the bracelet to any NATO or leather strap that I have. For lack of a better description it has a more complete and unified look and feel.

GreatLakesWatch likes this.
    "Difficult color...green", Lady Trentham, "Gosford Park"
    Seiko SARB017
    Seiko SARB013
    Seiko SARG005
    Rolex Explorer Ref. 14270
    Hamilton Khaki
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer
    Timex Expedition Scout
    et cetera

Quote Originally Posted by TheZwangster View Post
    Hi everyone I recently visited Japan and picked up the Sarb017 love the watch but the only thing that I don't like about it which many of you will agree with is the strap. Ive been wanting to get a bracelet for it but the official bracelet for $150 is too expensive plus I would need to order it from a Japanese site. Ive been looking at bracelets on amazon and was wondering if any 20mm bracelet would fit the watch. Thanks everyone!

I cant post links yet but the one I'm most interested in is an oyster style 20mm bracelet on amazon.
    An aftermarket bracelet can be made to fit however you will pay a watch repair shop to make the end pieces fit. You may also want to consider a 20mm brushed stainless mesh bracelet. The Seiko bracelet will look and fit the best.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone I really appreciate it!

I have decided to go with the OEM bracelet since its $150 that ill be wearing for many years so my next question is where is the best place for me to pick up said bracelet?
    John MS likes this.

I think Harold of Yobokies was selling a nice bracelet for the SARB017 which was quite a bit cheaper than the OEM
    TheZwangster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZwangster View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone I really appreciate it!

I have decided to go with the OEM bracelet since its $150 that ill be wearing for many years so my next question is where is the best place for me to pick up said bracelet?
    Contact either Seiya, Higuchi or Chino Watch.
    Last edited by John MS; October 21st, 2016 at 00:08. Reason: typo
    TheZwangster likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information