A new Certina DS Multi-8
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By timetraveler73

Thread: A new Certina DS Multi-8

A new Certina DS Multi-8

I just acquired this new Certina DS Multi-8 today. I purchased it from Horademoda.com in Spain. Shipping was free and took about 1 week to the U.S. They speak English very well and I would not hesitate to do business with them again.

The DS Multi-8 is a new model from Certina with a quartz ETA E49.351 movement. The case is 42 mm in stainless steel. The lug width is 23 mm which is kind of an oddball size and limits your choice of straps, and the steel bracelet matches the case nicely. It's a little heavy at 140 grams/ 5 ounces, and fairly thick at 13 mm. My wrist is 7.25" and it does not look too big. The large center crown is a button which cycles through 10 functions. A time swap function allows you to easily change the hands between two time zones. The alarm has an optional vibrate function, but it's not very strong. It has sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating and the watch has a water resistance rating of 100m. The case and bracelet are two tone polished and brushed steel, but the contrast appears more subtle than you might expect. In bright sunlight the whole watch is much flashier than my usual favorite, a Stowa MA matte finish with silver dial. The hands and hour markers have luminous coating and holding the center crown button for two seconds turns on the LCD display back light which is clear and legible.

Overall it seems like a good choice if you want a simple dial but also a lot of features, and the price is reasonable even with the exchange rate. The digital display is very subtle against the black dial and under the right lighting you might not even realize it was there. Overall I'm happy with it so far and I think it will be on my wrist a lot.

Name:  IMG_0109.jpg
Views: 13465
Size:  1.07 MBName:  IMG_0121.jpg
Views: 9589
Size:  795.7 KB

Re: A new Certina DS Multi-8

Good and interesting looking Certina, enjoy!

Interesting and nice clean face. Can you list the functions that are available in the digital readout?

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That is a great looking piece, dressy even with the digital screen.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Interesting and nice clean face. Can you list the functions that are available in the digital readout?
    The functions are: month,day and week of the year> time zone 1> time zone 2> time swap function> chrono split> chrono lap> countdown timer> alarm 1> alarm 2> set. The set function has several sub-functions for synchronizing the hands, date display format, etc.

very cool piece...LOVE Certinas...very high quality and well made pieces.

Congrats,,love the digital display,am big ana-digi fan. I see it has a vibration alarm also,,way cool..How does it work??
    Last edited by mikeynd; November 1st, 2011 at 20:54.
    Mike

Nice looking watch. How is the lume?

Thread Information