New Citizen Chrono Time AT vs. Oceanus

Thread: New Citizen Chrono Time AT vs. Oceanus

KTP

New Citizen Chrono Time AT vs. Oceanus

Looking for a classy look, solar-powered combined with multi-continent atomic sync, and I'm down to two...the new Citizen Chrono Time AT or a mid-level Oceanus. Does anyone have any pros/cons or advice one way or the other? Thanks!

-KTP

Re: New Citizen Chrono Time AT vs. Oceanus

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    Looking for a classy look, solar-powered combined with multi-continent atomic sync, and I'm down to two...the new Citizen Chrono Time AT or a mid-level Oceanus. Does anyone have any pros/cons or advice one way or the other? Thanks!

-KTP
    Here's the deciding point in favor of the Oceanus: it has a sapphire crystal. The mineral crystal on the Citizen WILL get scratched. I like Citizens, but I have sworn off on mineral glass crystals, which can be deeply scratched and resist all efforts to buff them out! It takes a LOT to scratch a sapphire crystal, however. Also, I believe the Citizen has a snap-in case back. Don't know about the Oceanus, but I definitely prefer screw-in case backs.

Hope this helps!

You can get the chrono time AT with sapphire crystal (non US version by ordering online), or you can get the limited edition which has a sapphire crystal and is also available in the US.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently got the Chrono Time AT, and I love it... I don't know if this is helpful at all since I haven't worn the Oceanus... I can speak to the Citizen...it's a great watch both in function and aesthetic properties... I do agree with the above post about the lack of sapphire on the Chrono Time, but other than that I personally don't have an issue with the screw back case.

Thread Information