New Guy Here
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geoffbot
  • 1 Post By Roller.959

Thread: New Guy Here

New Guy Here

I am new to the watch scene and only have a few watches. I am looking for a watch that is 350 or less. I'm trying to get a watch to wear to work where polo and slacks are the norm. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everybody

Well first off, welcome to the most viewed and biggest watch forum on the universe! :D and are you looking for an auto or quartz? Dress or sport? Leather or bracelet? Ford or chevy? :lol: I can NEVER pass up the opportunity to say how great android is! And seiko, and Invicta :)
    Stratocasters Rock!

Re: New Guy Here

Quote Originally Posted by stratct View Post
    Well first off, welcome to the most viewed and biggest watch forum on the universe! :D and are you looking for an auto or quartz? Dress or sport? Leather or bracelet? Ford or chevy? :lol: I can NEVER pass up the opportunity to say how great android is! And seiko, and Invicta :)
    Thanks. Im looking for a more casual watch with a bracelet. And haha.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why don't you post a picture of a watch you do like, even if it's more expensive? We might know something similar -looking within your budget.
    AAWATCHES likes this.

Welcome aboard dragonslayer! All my recs are at grey market prices. I have no problem going grey market (such as amazon) at your price point. Here we go...

Tissot PRC200. One of the most recommended watches on the forum. Right at your budget from a grey market dealer. I own one. Love it. Versatile.

Victorinox Chrono Classic. Almost purchased, but got the above instead. Same comments. Right at your price point grey market.

Tissot V8. A little Omega-ish in the bezel. A little sprotier in the case and band design. ~$300 grey market.

How about an auto? A little simpler, a little more rugged with the brown strap. Open caseback. Good watch for the money for sure...~$350.

Jorg Grey. This one is the Barak Obama edition with a cheesy engraving on the back. I would opt for the normal 6500, minus the engraving. Not a bad watch, but I like the options above a bit better. ~$315

That should get you started. You may also look at Tissot Le Locle line for dressier options, but these I think are more versatile. Many will recommend Seiko /Citizen / Orient, a fine way to go. I like Swiss options, so I am not as well versed in the Japanese options (well, minus the Jorg Gray, but that seems to be popular at your price point), even though I own both Seiko and Citizen. I will leave those for others to recommend if they desire. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Roller.959; February 4th, 2012 at 13:20.
    Doboji likes this.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Roller.959 View Post
    Welcome aboard dragonslayer! All my recs are at grey market prices. I have no problem going grey market (such as amazon) at your price point. Here we go...

Tissot PRC200. One of the most recommended watches on the forum. Right at your budget from a grey market dealer. I own one. Love it. Versatile.

Victorinox Chrono Classic. Almost purchased, but got the above instead. Same comments. Right at your price point grey market.

Tissot V8. A little Omega-ish in the bezel. A little sprotier in the case and band design. ~$300 grey market.

How about an auto? A little simpler, a little more rugged with the brown strap. Open caseback. Good watch for the money for sure...~$350.

Jorg Grey. This one is the Barak Obama edition with a cheesy engraving on the back. I would opt for the normal 6500, minus the engraving. Not a bad watch, but I like the options above a bit better. ~$315

That should get you started. You may also look at Tissot Le Locle line for dressier options, but these I think are more versatile. Many will recommend Seiko /Citizen / Orient, a fine way to go. I like Swiss options, so I am not as well versed in the Japanese options (well, minus the Jorg Gray, but that seems to be popular at your price point), even though I own both Seiko and Citizen. I will leave those for others to recommend if they desire. Good Luck!
    These are some great recommendations... You should also take a look at the Orient Watch line... lots of selection at or below your price range.

Automatic Watches | Orient Watch USA

Prices will be 50% off what they list with one of their many 50% off coupons floating around with a simple google search..

Agree that for a quartz, the PRC200 is a very good choice (if you want a tad larger and dressier, look at their Coutura series chrono), for a mechanical, Hamilton is a great place to look

Welcome to the forum..I love the hunt - when you have funds but no idea what your going to get. Good luck.
    Current Collection:
    Rolex Subc 2tone Blu 116613LB
    Rolex DSSD
    Rolex Sub C, date
    Rolex Sub C, Hulk
    Rolex Milgauss zBlue
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 White Dial
    Breitling Navitimer B01
    Breitling Chronomat GMT 47mm
    Anonimo Dino Zei San Marco

Corum Dive Bomber, Shark
    Corum Dive Bomber, Tiger