New here, hacking question

Thread: New here, hacking question

New here, hacking question

I just acquired a marathon jdd and I was wondering why the seconds hand does not stop when the crown is all the way out.. This watch does have that feature right? Is my watch broken?

Thank you in advance and I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area.

Re: New here, hacking question

It looks like that watch has a Sellita SW220 which is a copy of eta 2836-2 so yes I think it should hack.

Not sure why it doesn't work, does everything else seem to work right? Did you buy it new or used?

Yes everything else seems to work okay, I followed all the instructions in the manual, but I was a little confused about the warning about adjusting the date with the hands at a certain position.I noticed the non hacking before I set the date though. I set the date the same way the guy in the yt review did. Also is the crown supposed to be really stiff with absolutely no wobble? This has a bit of wobble..

I purchased this used.. Should I return it if I can? Seller did not disclose this.. Maybe he didn't notice?

Thanks for helping!! I really appreciate it. This was my first nice watch purchase and I noticed when I was trying to sync it to my only other watch a atomic gshock. I spent a lot of time researching and now I'm sad because I'm ocd about having the exact time :(

I watched the youtube review and saw the hand stop when he pulled the crown out, so I know this can't be normal..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Any ideas? I can't find anything on the web as to why this may be happening. I really like the watch and don't want to return it...

The Selitta 220 is designed to hack so if yours isn't hacking there is probably a problem. A Selitta movement is fairly common and should not be too expensive to have repaired if you like the watch. If you aren't crazy about the watch, contact the seller and arrange for a return. There are threads on WUS naming a repair person to send the watch to that is pretty good with Selittas. Good Luck with your decision. By the way, when out, the crown was a little wobbly on my Marathon.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Streetboss View Post
    The Selitta 220 is designed to hack so if yours isn't hacking there is probably a problem. A Selitta movement is fairly common and should not be too expensive to have repaired if you like the watch. If you aren't crazy about the watch, contact the seller and arrange for a return. There are threads on WUS naming a repair person to send the watch to that is pretty good with Selittas. Good Luck with your decision. By the way, when out, the crown was a little wobbly on my Marathon.
    Kevin
    This 100%
    Oh by the way quite a few brands suffer from wobbly crown syndrome so if yours does don't worry about it.

Thanks guys, I found a local reputable repair shop that says it can probably fixed and it may be minor. Have to make sure with the seller first if he's okay with that before I proceed with any repairs. Would it be fair to ask seller to cover repair or at least split the cost with me?

Thread Information