New in the House: CREPAS Cayman 3000: I was sure it was going to be too big ...
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New in the House: CREPAS Cayman 3000: I was sure it was going to be too big ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New in the House: CREPAS Cayman 3000: I was sure it was going to be too big ...

New in the house: CREPAS Cayman 3000: I'd admired the design and heard lots of good stuff about this 3000 meter dive watch. I though it was about the nicest, coolest, cleanest design I'd seen in a diver at any price. Purely on design I'd put it up there with the big boys, the ones with history, with heritage, with horological cachet, with 5-figure prices.

Just on design, mind you, though I have no problem with a $1200 watch with a top grade ETA 2824-2.

Made by CREPAS for serious divers (among whom, I do not belong, but I do love the aesthetic); and this baby was really beautiful. Thing is, its bezel measures 44.5 mm (the case itself is 43) and it's over 16mm thick. Thick. Big Domed sapphire crystal. It also has their logo lumed on back. How cool is that? And a beautiful beads-of-rice, grains-of-rice, bowl-of rice bracelet.

When Ana at CREPAS sent an email back in February to say that they were making the last 50 (out of 299), and if I ordered one right now, I could ... I could ... I could ... have one of my own. I just did it. And then the second thoughts invaded my mind. One in particular telling me that I had a small wrist anyway, and I had just dropped over 50 lbs. and it was going to hang like a clock on me.

By the time it came on Monday, I'd gotten myself convinced that it was going to be ridiculous, and I'd just have to put it up for sale.

Then DHL dropped it off. And MAN, it's really nice! Really, really. And frankly, though it's big, and boy, is it thick, I like the look of it. I put it on a zulu-style strap I had around (so as not to risk damage to the supplied straps in the event I would be sending it away), and, well, here it is:

Frankly, I think it looks great, and pretty damn good on skinny old me as well.

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  107.9 KB

Pretty thick though, but I really like it.

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  90.2 KB
    Last edited by dbakiva; June 18th, 2014 at 23:27.
    wschofield3 and CMTFR like this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Re: New in the House: CREPAS Cayman 3000: I was sure it was going to be too big ...

Congratulations on your new Cayman 3000; I agree about loving that minimalist dial design. I too had my eye on this model when it was first introduced on this forum. The only thing that held me back was the thickness. The overall size would fit great on my 7" wrist, but I do prefer a reasonable sized thickness. If only it was maybe 3mm thinner, I would consider it. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Re: New in the House: CREPAS Cayman 3000: I was sure it was going to be too big ...

Sweet, and it looks great on your wrist! Congrats on your new pick up and wear it in good health.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dam' , it's almost as thick as your wrist. Must be build like a tank that thing!
    JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

They should have given up some depth meters to make it a little thinner. But I agree that it is one of the prettiest divers out there.

That is one great looking diver, and the fit looks fine to me, congrats . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    They should have given up some depth meters to make it a little thinner. But I agree that it is one of the prettiest divers out there.
    Yes, I would have been quite happy with a Cayman 1000 at under 14mm.
    Or perhaps a super-slim 8mm Cayman Bathroom-sink diver.

As it turns out, I'm getting used to the heft, and I kind of like it.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Great looking watch. I would def wear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rolex Datejust / Frederique Constant Peking to Paris chrono / Oris Divers 65 / Citizen Signature Grand Classic / Orient Star GMT / Movado Museum / Seiko Stargate / HMT Pilot / Luminox 1820

Everything about that watch and the way that it fits your wrist looks fine to me.
    Nice pick up!!
    You can always earn more money, but you can't earn more time.

I like the watch and it looks good on your wrist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information