New James Bond watch?

Thread: New James Bond watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rxq

New James Bond watch?

What watch does Bond wear in the new 007 movie?

Re: New James Bond watch?

To my understanding, it is the new Planet Ocean 42mm with the black dial.

Correct me if im wrong though

Rxq

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rxq View Post

Nobody seemed to like this watch, must be the dial?? havnt seen to much of it on here, or maybe im just missing it

I believe that the watch shown above is the limited edition made to tie in with the movie, not the actual watch Bond himself will wear. Among other things, it has the movie title etched on the crystal, which would be problematic at best. (M: "What the hell is this organization, Bond? How can they be everywhere and we don't know about them? How... how did they get their secret name on your watch? Good God, they are everywhere!")

He should be wearing the Planet Ocean 42 with bracelet and black dial -- which would mean no blue skeleton hand SMP since Goldeneye.

As far as the limited edition goes, I don't mind the patterned dial, which is meant to suggest the texture of the grip on the Walther that Bond uses. I am not a fan of the "Quantum of Solace" etched on the dial, as it really limits that appeal of the watch.

The last limited edition was a large Planet Ocean with "007" as the counterbalance on the second hand. This also bothered me, as it made it seem more like a novelty than a serious watch. Incidientally, it was Rolex's reluctance to get into this sort of promotional activity that lead the Submariner to be dropped in favor of the Seamaster in 1995.

Yet an earlier limited edition was the blue Seamaster Pro with the normal wave pattern of the dial replaced with a pattern which suggested rifling grooves -- obviously a nod to the "gun barrel" opening of the Bond movies. That was outstanding, in my opinion, as it was a detail that a Bond fan would notice, yet a non-fan would just see as a different detail on the watch.

As always, opinions will vary.

very nice, movie name ruins it

In the highly unlikely event that someone gave one to me, I suppose I could have the crystal replaced...

While I generally don't care for threads such as what watch is some famous person wears, for some reason, I found this thread and the information contained within the links to be very interesting. I suppose is that it's because I enjoy the Bond movies.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by George Riemer View Post
    In the highly unlikely event that someone gave one to me, I suppose I could have the crystal replaced...
    What's wrong with the crystal?

edit: Ohhh, I didn't notice that the "Quantum of Solace" was etched onto the crystal. I thought it was on the face. Silly me.
    Now I'm with you; it would be a great watch without that poor design choice.
    Last edited by HoustonChris; November 8th, 2008 at 05:47.

Check out the Omega forum, this topic has been discussed extensively there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information