New JLC Ultra Thin, Purchased Online
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New JLC Ultra Thin, Purchased Online

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New JLC Ultra Thin, Purchased Online

Thought I'd post a few pics of a new Jaegar I received the other day, including what to expect if you order online and have it delivered. Love these watches.

These ultra thins from JLC are truly amazing watches, I'm a huge fan of them. The understated elegance speaks volumes. Looks fantastic and already people have commented on it -- and this is just the basic silver model as my new everyday watch.

Box as delivered via FedEx:

Box opened:

Interior box containing watch case:

Watch case/box

Watch case opened:

Plastic JLC sleeve removed:

Side view. These watches are impossibly thin, looks amazing:

Alligator bracelet, very comfortable and high quality:

Attached Images Attached Images

vkd668 likes this.

Re: New JLC Ultra Thin, Purchased Online

That's a true contender for "best dress watch". It's probably not going to happen with a JLC, but I'd love to have an ultra-thin watch in my collection some day (maybe that's what quartz is for). Not sure I'm wild about the two-tone packing peanuts though, they're a bit too flashy for my tastes...
    Last edited by ljb187; November 29th, 2011 at 02:48.
    Ridly likes this.

Very nice. Is it without warranty?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Beautiful. A Classic!

v76

That's a beautiful classic, congratulations!
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Understated elegance. Class all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Very nice. Is it without warranty?
    Got this one via Prestige Time, have purchased from them before, never a problem. Watch comes in original JLC box with original serial numbers. Comes with a two-year warranty from PTime for manufacture defects, have never had to use it before. Not covered is finishes (i.e. scratches), crystal/glass damage or straps. But that's a risk I'm willing to take, and I've never had a bad experience buying from reputable online merchants who've been in business a long time and who come recommended. If I have a problem in a month, I won't lose sleep over having to pay for a repair, the expense is negligible to me, but I understand and appreciate others may see it differently.

One other thing: I often try to give my business to local dealers, just to help out the local economy. But boy does it add up to buy locally sometimes, because I'm hit with the double whammy of higher prices and tax, and on a significant purchase, that really adds up, sometimes to many thousands of dollars.

Wear it in the best of health, congratulations.
    N
    Caveat lector

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Metals View Post
    Got this one via Prestige Time, have purchased from them before, never a problem. Watch comes in original JLC box with original serial numbers. Comes with a two-year warranty from PTime for manufacture defects, have never had to use it before. Not covered is finishes (i.e. scratches), crystal/glass damage or straps. But that's a risk I'm willing to take, and I've never had a bad experience buying from reputable online merchants who've been in business a long time and who come recommended. If I have a problem in a month, I won't lose sleep over having to pay for a repair, the expense is negligible to me, but I understand and appreciate others may see it differently.

One other thing: I often try to give my business to local dealers, just to help out the local economy. But boy does it add up to buy locally sometimes, because I'm hit with the double whammy of higher prices and tax, and on a significant purchase, that really adds up, sometimes to many thousands of dollars.

Congrats on the watch. Gorgeous piece. And I second the rest you said, too. If the difference is literally thousands of dollars, the mfr warranty is not worth it and, unfortunately, the supposedly great service is often not worth it, either. Besides, for $2000+ you can pay really pretty girls to be really friendly to you, if you like first class service. And it still serves the locals. ;)
    Metals and hughjd like this.

Crikey that's thin! You wouldn't want to have unpacked it in a strong breeze, or it would blow away along with those foam peanuts. Seriously though, that's a gorgeous watch, congratulations!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information