New Kobold AD

Thread: New Kobold AD

New Kobold AD

I went to Tyson's Corner in Northern Virginia today to complete the last of my Christmas shopping. As a treat, I made an effort to stop in the watch stores to give Santa an idea of what I wanted for Christmas. My first stop was Fashion Time (upper level by Bloomingdale's).

To my delight, they are now an official Kobold dealer. They had 7 watches and were very helpful. I looked at the Phantom Ti and the SEAL Ti. I had never seen the Phantom Ti but frankly was not as impressed as I was with the SEAL. Having owned both, I am clearly a fan of the SEAL - so I gave Santa (aka the wife) a "terribly subtle" hint of what I wanted.

The bottom line here is that I have to go only 1 hour to Tyson's Corner instead of 3 to Pittsburgh. Woo-Hoo!!!
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Re: New Kobold AD

What did they have in stock right now? Did you get an idea from talking to them if they are going to be a permanent dealer for Kobold or just for the holidays as some in here had hinted? I am thinking of making a trip up there myself
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Maybe they became an AD, but from what I last heard they were at least testing Kobold in their store through the holidays... Here is a previous thread for those interested.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=97812

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I asked the salesman if they were now an official AD or just had a few Kobolds in stock. He clearly said that they are now an official AD. They had 2 SOA's, a Phantom Ti, SEAL Ti, the doctor's pulsometer chronograph, and a couple of Soarway Divers. The prices also matched what is available from Kobold's website.

This may prove to be a very dangerous store for me to visit!
    Scott

Hmm, when I was there on Friday, I spoke to the store's manager (a friend) and he said FT was justing trying out the brand over the holiday season and would make a determination on whether to become an AD based on any sales. He said there had been a lot of traffic since the arrival of Kobold but no buyers.
    Kindest regards
    Michael

Well I am sure the salesman would say what they did, who would buy a watch from a non AD?

Wouldn't you have to be a AD if you were selling NEW Kobold's at MSRP? As far as I know (people) can't buy a new Kobold at enough of a discount to afford to sell them at retail (MSRP). A authorized dealer could buy at a low enough number to make some good profit. I know a couple of jewelry store owners; They would not even bother selling something if there wasn't more than 30%+ markup. Why take up valuable display cases for low margin items. Especially when they can make crazy profit on diamonds and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    Well I am sure the salesman would say what they did, who would buy a watch from a non AD?
    You can't buy time but you can always buy a watch.

My ever changing collection...
    • CITIZEN-Calibre 2100 Eco-Drive
    • HAMILTON-Riva Chronograph
    • MOVADO-Original Bold Museum Chronograph Blue
    • PANERAI-Luminor Sub Chrono 1000M PAM187
    • ROLEX-Deepsea Sea-Dweller
    • SEIKO ANANTA Chronograph SRQ005
    • ROLEX GMT II Black/Blue
    • and way too many others in previous times.

This store is trying them out for the holidays. Kobold supplies the watches. If they sell well or both the store and Kobold are happy with the results, then they will probably become a retailer. As it has been mentioned they are working with Kobold to see what happens without becoming obligated right off the bat.

I think it would be hard to explain that we are a "test AD" where yes, we are authorized to sell Kobolds right now, but may not continue after the year. So while they are an AD now for the holidays they may not be for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by obie; December 7th, 2007 at 16:12.

I hadn't thought about it like that. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things play out. As soon as my tax return comes in - and assuming they remain an AD - I know exactly where I am going to go and what I am going to get!
    Scott

Thread Information