New Kobold AD in D.C.?

Thread: New Kobold AD in D.C.?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Kobold AD in D.C.?

Spent the day at Tysons Corner Mall in No.Va. and was very surprised to see a watch shop in the mall that had maybe 6 Kobolds on display. I assume they are a new Kobold A.D. but was unable to get any help from the stores staff to ask. They had a Seal Ti, Phantom, SOA, SOA MOP, Pulsometer Chrono, and two Soarway divers. The store is called Fashion Time and I have been in their shop a few times in the last couple of months and I have never seen a Kobold in there, so I am guessing they just added the brand.

Re: New Kobold AD in D.C.?

Hi Malyel,

Was it Tyson's 1 or 2?

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Hi Malyel,

Was it Tyson's 1 or 2?

John
    Tyson's 1 on the 2nd level outside of Bloomingdales.

The Kobolds are in a display at the counter right when you walk in.

There is a nice row of jewelry/watch stores there. The watches displayed at the 3 or 4 jewelry stores include Kobold, Fortis, Tutima, Formex, Panerai, IWC, Oris, U-boat, Omega, Tag, Rolex, Breitling, Hamilton, TX, Alpina, Accutron, Cartier, etc. A very good mix.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They will only have Kobolds watches there through the holidays... Not sure if they will become an AD or not. Nice folks, and a good selection of brands to begin with.

I think there's one in Arundel Mills Mall near Baltimore as well. Last time I was there they had a good collection of Sinn, Fortis, Seiko, Citizen, etc.

I think they have a kiosk in Annapolis Mall. I saw Luminox and Oceanus there, along with a good selection of baby-G's.

Don't let them service any of your watches. I sent in an old quartz diver for battery and pressure and I didn't see it for 2 months. Lousy customer service.

They have about 20 locations all over the area, some stores some kiosks..

Quote Originally Posted by Malyel View Post
    Tyson's 1 on the 2nd level outside of Bloomingdales.

The Kobolds are in a display at the counter right when you walk in.

There is a nice row of jewelry/watch stores there. The watches displayed at the 3 or 4 jewelry stores include Kobold, Fortis, Tutima, Formex, Panerai, IWC, Oris, U-boat, Omega, Tag, Rolex, Breitling, Hamilton, TX, Alpina, Accutron, Cartier, etc. A very good mix.
    Dammit! I was just there last weekend and I failed to notice any Kobolds when I was in that store! I pray that the Kobold Gods will take pity on me and forgive my transgression.
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

They just got their Kobolds in on Monday, I believe. I was in the store as they were setting them up. I have one Kobold (a Soarway Diver), but being able to see so many all in one place was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the Phantom and the Seal.

Anyway, I don't know if they're planning on keeping Kobolds in stock after the holidays, but I believe they will. I'll try to find out and report back.

As far as their customer service, I've had good luck with Fashion Time. Before I go any further, I should disclose that I have a business relationship with Fashion Time, but even before that, I was pretty happy with them. I got a tour of their service department at Potomac Mills, and I was amazed at how much equipment they have and how knowledgeable everyone seemed (the tour was given by the woman who founded their service department). I had them service my wife's Tissot, and I was very satisfied. That said, it's not always easy to find good help, so it wouldn't surprise me if you might have caught them on an off day.

Anyway, it's good to know that there are several WUS members in the Northern VA area. Are there ever WUS get-togethers?

Christian
    Christian
    Watch Report
    Tissot T-Touch
    Oceanus 5 Motor
    Luminox Navy Seal
    Too Many G-Shocks to List
    Etc...

There are usually two large NoVA GTG's each year. Last time, Ball Watch and Chronoswiss were out there. Ali was in attendance as well.

I grew up 2 miles from Tyson's and I still shop there monthly although I often only go to The Galleria - Tyson's II. I haven't been to Fashion Time though in quite some time. I will definitely be there first thing next week after the weekend shopping traffic. Would love to see Kobold's in person.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver