New to this Kobold "thing"

Thread: New to this Kobold "thing"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to this Kobold "thing"

I have recently acquired a second hand Kobold Soarway Seal
    and I am so impressed with this watch, after running through 10-12 watches in the last six months, WUS illness we all have, I am so completely satisfied with this watch. I even tell myself I won't sell it, EVER, what are the chances of that.
    I have enjoyed monitoring the Kobold thread, supportive and enthusiastic community which really helped me in my decision to purchase the Seal, thanks
    EDS

Re: New to this Kobold "thing"

Yes, I must agree any SEAL is very special and I understand what you're saying.
    Enjoy !
    Bob
    USA/USN Retired
    PADI MSDT and IDC Staff Instr

Doxa 1200T NUMA TQ #7 of 50

I totally agree. I compare everything to my Seal. Not just divers, but everything. I think: should I spend x on this watch, or save 4x to get another great Kobold. It's very hard owning one actually. It makes most to all others pale. The watch could be a timex, it's absolutely classic and I believe will be a benchmark in the future.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it many times again: the SEAL is my favorite watch, hand's down. Even though there are a couple of watches in my humble collection that are worth more, or may be considered more "conventionally" desireable, to these eyes the SEAL is just about perfect. Heck, if I were to design a watch, this would be it.

Yes, other watches will grace my collection when and if money/wife permit, but regardless of price or complications, I can't imagine one that will unseat the SEAL's place in my heart.

Regards,
    Adam

PS - As for watches on my wishlist, they are (in no particular order): IWC Ingenieur, Kobold LSD/Phantom Tactical, Ennebi Fondale, PAM 243, JLC Reverso Duo... Heady company, to be sure, and yet I can't imagine that any of them will fit me better than my SEAL.
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

TMW

Once you go seal, you never go back!

Try the seal on zulus, natos, leather (I use Greg stevens) - all great looks.

Welcome!

Congrats, you will continue to love your Seal. I can't keep from changing my band about every two weeks and each time I fall in love with it on the bracelet, the zulus, the black calf skin, the brown calf skin, you get the idea.

Feel free to grace us with pics and discussion as we are an enthusiastic bunch in here.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Yeah.........welcome to the Sealaholic Club. Like I said in a post a few days ago - this watch connects with me on so many levels - and as someone said above, I compare every watch to this one- not just divers. Like Boats, I, too, love the change of straps. Straps rule with the SEAL. Also we all love watch .... (pics) and as soon as I get my latest acquisition I'll be posting some more Seal shots.......till then my friends.

And Happy :thanksgiving to all!

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Ed - how do you like your SS vs. your old LM-1?

I have a SS Seal and as you know the LM-1. Kobold is by far my favorite watch and wondering how I do not get an LSD. Having some history in the burgh makes it that much more "fun".

Hope all is well in Vestal - not there for holiday this year. Was up in Roch.

Moose

There's a barely used LSD + a whole lot of nice straps on the bay right now

I tried one but it was just a tad too big for my wrist Lugs were just too long Bummmmah

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

All is well in Vestal, getting chilly as you would expect I am sure the Rochester is the same
    The LM-1 is a nice watch, the bezel dot was slightly off from the 12, I had emailed Mitch who said that did happen with that watch, also the lug holes were very far back on the lugs, almost like you could rip the pin through the lugs, weird. For the money it was well worth it, although I must admit I did not wear it much.
    The SS Seal is much better and complete design, it just feels perfect on the wrist and looks great with strap,nato or bracelet. It definitely feels more durable and substantial. The only other watch I own that compares in heft is the UTS 1000m, that is also a superb design and perfectly machined.
    I am waiting on a UTS Adventurer II, Auto version
    If I did not have that one coming I really would have been inclined to get the LSD, as noted there is one for sale on Ebay and WUS, actually the same watch I believe.
    I love the design of that watch, and it will be on the radar soon.
    EDS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information