New longines
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New longines

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New longines

After a few problems with a sinn that I had I was able to exchange it for something else so decided to get the hydroconquest 41mm in black, it came today, I'm not great with reviews so I'll keep it short, 1st impression are it's really well made and of high quality, it's beautiful and has a good wrist presence, not sure how comfortable the bracelet is but only time will tell,

I'm my opinion compared to other divers on the market they could charge double for this and it would still be a fair price.

Some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hayday, DenverBuff, adi4 and 3 others like this.

Re: New longines

Viva Longines! The Hydroconquest is a very nice looking watch, indeed. It has a very traditional look, and yet it is still distinctive. It simultaneously blends in and stands out, and I mean that in a good way. I really like the snowflake hour hand. I may have to put the blue version on my "to buy" list.

Congratulations!

-hayday
    Hatman14 likes this.
    The pessimist says it can't get any worse, while the optimist says it can.

Damnit Hatman!!! Now you've done it ! Some Exec. with Longines will read this and raise the price.....
    That's how it started with Rolex.....Now look at the prices...
    Go back and change it.....Say it's OK, but a little too expensive...
    Hatman14 likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    Damnit Hatman!!! Now you've done it ! Some Exec. with Longines will read this and raise the price.....
    That's how it started with Rolex.....Now look at the prices...
    Go back and change it.....Say it's OK, but a little too expensive...
    Haha, it's far too expensive! Bloody rip off!
    ;)

little big feather likes this.

It looks good Hat. Congrats.
    Hatman14 likes this.

That is stunning. One of my (too many) grails. Jealous.
    Hatman14 likes this.

I just picked up the same model in Blue.

Here is a quick review from me.

Case : Probably the best feature on the watch, the case is really nice, it is not too thick, sits flat, has sharp angular lines and edges that make it looks very precise and tool like and the lugs curve nicely to fit.

Dial : Very nice looking unique dial. I prefer this dial to the newer model with all the numbers which looks a bit generic, the 12-9-6 dial has a very unique look and has a sense of dressiness and utility to it without going too far in either direction. The blue is very deep metallic blue, this gives a very different look compared to other blue divers which tend to be lighter, with thicker color and less metallic look.

Hands : My favourite feature of the watch, it is incredible how the seconds hand with the red arrow reaches all the way to the edge of the dial and almost hits the inner case. Very cool look. I personally love the hour hand with the diamond marker and the fact that the minute hand actually hits the minute markers and doesnt feel like it was cut short.

Lume : Not too great, functional decent lume, but nothing exceptional, could have been better, but not that big a deal.

Bezel : Simple functional bezel with enough markings to make sense. Good action and grip.

Bracelet : Nice heavy, well machined bracelet. The clasp is a bit firm, but gives a very positive locking feel. Friction pins that are directional, wouldve prefered screws but the friction pins are super easy to resize, they pop in and out with ease but lock in nicely. If there is one criticism I have for this model, it has to be the bracelet design though. I dont think the huge polished center links on the watch make that much sense. Sure it gives it a bit more dressiness, but its a bit much. I wouldve prefered a fully brushed braclet, or if it had polished center links, a bracelet that tapers down. This one stays the same width through, and hence tends to look biggish with the big center links. It is also surely a scratch magnet with this design and hence has to be handled with care.

Overall, one of the best values in the market now, and I prefer this to the Tag Aquaracer, Oris and other similar priced big name divers. It is very unique, well made and grabs attention while being very functional.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Hatman, congrats on your watch, but I thought it might be beneficial to have another review on the same thread. Cheers
    Mark355 likes this.

IMHO this one's much nicer than the new version with flat dial and arabic numerals all around. Congrats!
    Hatman14 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    I just picked up the same model in Blue.

Here is a quick review from me.

Case : Probably the best feature on the watch, the case is really nice, it is not too thick, sits flat, has sharp angular lines and edges that make it looks very precise and tool like and the lugs curve nicely to fit.

Dial : Very nice looking unique dial. I prefer this dial to the newer model with all the numbers which looks a bit generic, the 12-9-6 dial has a very unique look and has a sense of dressiness and utility to it without going too far in either direction. The blue is very deep metallic blue, this gives a very different look compared to other blue divers which tend to be lighter, with thicker color and less metallic look.

Hands : My favourite feature of the watch, it is incredible how the seconds hand with the red arrow reaches all the way to the edge of the dial and almost hits the inner case. Very cool look. I personally love the hour hand with the diamond marker and the fact that the minute hand actually hits the minute markers and doesnt feel like it was cut short.

Lume : Not too great, functional decent lume, but nothing exceptional, could have been better, but not that big a deal.

Bezel : Simple functional bezel with enough markings to make sense. Good action and grip.

Bracelet : Nice heavy, well machined bracelet. The clasp is a bit firm, but gives a very positive locking feel. Friction pins that are directional, wouldve prefered screws but the friction pins are super easy to resize, they pop in and out with ease but lock in nicely. If there is one criticism I have for this model, it has to be the bracelet design though. I dont think the huge polished center links on the watch make that much sense. Sure it gives it a bit more dressiness, but its a bit much. I wouldve prefered a fully brushed braclet, or if it had polished center links, a bracelet that tapers down. This one stays the same width through, and hence tends to look biggish with the big center links. It is also surely a scratch magnet with this design and hence has to be handled with care.

Overall, one of the best values in the market now, and I prefer this to the Tag Aquaracer, Oris and other similar priced big name divers. It is very unique, well made and grabs attention while being very functional.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Hatman, congrats on your watch, but I thought it might be beneficial to have another review on the same thread. Cheers
    Saved me the job :) thanks

Very nice piece. I came close to picking one up myself but I couldn't get past the crown guards.
    Hatman14 likes this.
    Ball<>Casio<>Fossil<>Invicta<>Grand Seiko<>Orient<>Rolex<>Seiko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information