New to luxury watches - Campanola Grand Complication CTR57-1001 - FIRST PURCHASE!!
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: New to luxury watches - Campanola Grand Complication CTR57-1001 - FIRST PURCHASE!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New to luxury watches - Campanola Grand Complication CTR57-1001 - FIRST PURCHASE!!

Hey all!
    A friend of mine started me looking and researching and lurking on forums, about a year or so ago. Well, I'm hooked!!
    Last night I received my first luxury watch, straight from Japan. For my first watch I wanted something special, a little hard to find in brand new condition, won't break the bank (my friend has tons of money, I don't), and absolutely spectacular looking.

Name:  IMG_1982.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  697.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1983.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  632.6 KB

Love the brilliant red with some kind of 'reflective sparkles'. Supposedly all these faces are hand-painted by only one person.

Name:  IMG_1980-1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  346.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1972.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  538.5 KB

What do you think?

Re: New to luxury watches - Campanola Grand Complication CTR57-1001 - FIRST PURCHASE!!

It's very nice. An unusual choice for a first foray into fine watches, but to me it simply shows you chose the watch you like over a name on the dial that others may be impressed by. The perfect way to build a collection.
    SirHorse and DanielWalsh like this.

Banned

Re: New to luxury watches - Campanola Grand Complication CTR57-1001 - FIRST PURCHASE!!

congrats wear in good health and welcome. one piece of advice to a newcomer is to enjoy what you enjoy, post what you want, say what you want and ignore the members who will be negative just for the sake of being negative
    SirHorse likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

@Lornegifford - Yeah, I actually wanted a watch where even some enthusiast would say, "Who?" when I say the name. It was a toss up between the Japan-only and international version of the same watch. The international version of this watch looks great too but the Japan-only version is more rare and includes a tachymeter.

@ThymeKeeper - No worries on that front. I rarely argue (in person or on the web). I can learn from those who want to be negative just as easily as those with a positive attitude. For starters, I know that some may scoff at this being (just) a fine quartz instead of an automatic but I welcome criticism as this is all a new learning experience to me.

On a side note, I got a discount off sticker price but it was still very expensive (for my wallet). One of the first things I want to do is take it to the Citizen signature store in Manhattan to see if they can authenticate. Everything looks correct as far as I can tell but any advice to verify authenticity via other means would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by alceryes View Post
    On a side note, I got a discount off sticker price but it was still very expensive (for my wallet). One of the first things I want to do is take it to the Citizen signature store in Manhattan to see if they can authenticate. Everything looks correct as far as I can tell but any advice to verify authenticity via other means would be appreciated.
    I think the movement is too unique for a chinese copy, but probably worth having it verified if can
    Last edited by Lornegifford; September 7th, 2018 at 17:53.

Congrats on a gorgeous watch. I got to see Kurt B's collection years ago. On most of these they are No. 1. I see on all of them they have the Citizen name on them. I guess then dropped to distance them to make them a higher grade brand. They sure are all beautifully made.

To authenticate just see if everything works as it should. And just press the minute repeater. Who's going to fake that?

Name:  3772251-orig.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  91.2 KB

Name:  3772259-orig.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  3772258-orig.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  3772256-orig.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  161.8 KB

Enjoy, Bob

@Robmks - brilliant watches! The newer ones that have the celestial bodies/stars on the face aren't really my style but gorgeous nonetheless. I believe the one at the top left in the case is the international version of the one I got.

Welcome to the forum. That is an extremely nice piece. Lornegifford speaks the truth. Always buy what you like. Most people, other than another WIS, don't notice watches. If you aren't happy, what the point? Same applies to mechanical, autos, or quartz. There are many fine watches in each of those categories. It's your watch and your opinion is all that matters.

I doubt I’ll ever see one of those in the wild! Congrats on a very unique watch. Campanola is not for everyone(a bit too ‘rococo’ for me) but this one I like. So as I understand it a Grand Complication should have a chrono, calendar, and minute repeater?

The watch looks quite stunning. Congratulations.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information