Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have been browsing through the forums here for the past few days contemplating whether to join or not. I am for sure considered new to watches and know very little other than the fact that I like mechanical pocket watches. Have had a few bad experiences with vintage pocket watches in the past and now limit my collecting to new watches. I collect other things also and have found the watch community to be less honorable than the other collectible communities. All that said we'll see how it goes here. I hope I don't experience the humiliation I have seen other newbies here experience. So far glad to be here

Re: New member

Get lost!

Just kidding.

Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by T1meout; December 26th, 2015 at 15:06.
    OkeefenokeeJoe and Toothbras like this.

Welcome!

Thw wus crowd can be a-holes. If you stray away from straight up attacking a brand you should be ok on the public forum.

I would imagine this forum is worse than other hobby forums because this hobby relies heavily on brands.

Brand specific subforums or theme forums are great here and the participants are very friendly.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WoodMark View Post
    I have been browsing through the forums here for the past few days contemplating whether to join or not. I am for sure considered new to watches and know very little other than the fact that I like mechanical pocket watches. Have had a few bad experiences with vintage pocket watches in the past and now limit my collecting to new watches. I collect other things also and have found the watch community to be less honorable than the other collectible communities. All that said we'll see how it goes here. I hope I don't experience the humiliation I have seen other newbies here experience. So far glad to be here
    Enjoy your stay, I'm sure you will learn alot of things here. We do have useful memebers for helping others and mature opinion.

happy new year
    My advice- buy a watch that pleases you. Don't let anyone judge or tell you what to wear. Good cheap and expensive watches are no different between them. Both still can tell the time.

Most of us are d*cks because we have very serious emotional and cognitive issues, hence the twisted logic behind owning multiple watches, when even one is probably unnecessary. However, it's still a fun place to be ;)
    teatimecrumpet, Ukal and Veda like this.

An open mind, earnest heart, a desire to learn, and just a touch of humility will serve you well on this forum.

It would help, too, to remember to use capital letters at the beginning of each sentence and to form complete and proper sentences. Oh, and never ask advice about purchasing your "most wonderful teen-aged son that ever lived since the beginning of time" a new expensive luxury watch.

One more thing .... NEVER say anything negative about Rolex or it will be like getting caught naked in a swarm of killer african bees. They say that a hostile Rolex owner is one of the few things that will make grizzly bears living in the wild run for their lives .... and I don't know how true it is, but I heard once that a Rolex owner bit Dracula on the neck after he made an insulting comment about his Sub. For real.

Do those things and you'll be okay .... for the most part!

Welcome to the forum, my friend!

OkeefenokeeJoe
    Last edited by OkeefenokeeJoe; December 26th, 2015 at 17:01.
    Veda likes this.

Banned

Welcome to best watch forum in the world, you will learn a lot, laugh often, get very enlightened and make very interesting friends
    Welcome to WUS

Welcome to WUS.

Welcome to the forums!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Welcome to the boards. Sorry about your wallet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information