Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hello all,

I've read these forums for quite a few years now, and have finally decided to make my first post.

I first became interested in watches about seven years ago, when I was gifted a Seiko Premier kinetic moon phase. Shortly after that, I visited an antique shop and became mesmerised by a Poljot Okeah. Sadly, at that time I didn't have the funds to buy it, but it was researching the Okeah that first led me to reading these forums.

Happily, in last couple of years I've found myself in a position where I've been able to pursue this interest, and have amassed what I think is a half decent collection. It comprises of the aforementioned Okeah, a 38mm Poljot Strela, another Seiko, an Oris, a Glycine Combat Sub, a vintage Roamer Mustang, and 2 Omegas.

Having accumulated quite a lot of watches in a fairly short space of time I've now promised myself (and my wife) that I won't be making any more purchases in the near future. However, my 35th birthday is coming up in the middle of next year, and I have in mind to get a vintage watch from my birth year (1984) to mark that. Something up to the value of about $3000. If anyone has any suggestions for that, I'd love to hear them!
    DanielWalsh and joepac like this.

Re: New Member

Welcome Ricardo - apparently there are sites where you can search by year (Chrono24 comes to mind)so hopefully someone with more knowledge will point you in that direction

Welcome to the forums!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome! I am in a similar boat (age, watches etc!)

Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing your watch journey so far. Regarding a birthday present, $3000 is a healthy budget. Longines, Tudor, Nomos, and others are in this range. What sort of watch are you interested in? Diver? Dress watch? Everyday casual wear?

Good to have you and looking forward to hearing you in future discussions.

Thanks all for the welcome messages!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Guy View Post
    Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing your watch journey so far. Regarding a birthday present, $3000 is a healthy budget. Longines, Tudor, Nomos, and others are in this range. What sort of watch are you interested in? Diver? Dress watch? Everyday casual wear?

Good to have you and looking forward to hearing you in future discussions.
    I think I'm really a diver man, but I have three in my collection already, so I feel that the next purchase should be something else. I've been looking at vintage 36mm Datejusts a lot recently, but I'm not sure if Rolex is for me. Although, I gather a lot of people go on that journey with Rolex! Aside from that I'm looking at a lot of worldtimers at the moment. I particularly like the ones from Nomos and Frederique Constant, although these wouldn't fulfil the vintage requirement.

Welcome to the forum! Your idea of a Datejust is a good one - timeless (no pun intended) watch. You might find yourself wearing it more than you expect. But go with whatever moves you.
    Rolex GMT Master II 16710, Rolex Datejust 116223, Zenith 2542, Seiko SKX031, Seiko SKX173

The Datejust was the first thing that came to my mind but, upon further thought, how about a Speedy (Omega Speedmaster)?

Welcome! A Datejust would be a wonderful and logical choice but wouldn’t a truly fine one be in the $4500-$5500 range? My recent cursory searches found this to be the case.
    MIKE

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I would start with a Chrono24 search filtered by year, type, etc.

Best of luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information