Thread: new member

first off let me say that this is an awesome site i have enjoyed reading tons of post and looking at even more pics.
    here is a little background about me
    i am 44, married, 3 great kids(1 in college, 1 senior and 1 in the 10th grade)
    love going to mx and sx races, working on computers and a huge james bond fan and collector.
    i never really had many watches growing up, couple of timex's that's about it. but recently i have really been getting more interested in them(my wife says it is a mid-life crisis :). i have just made a purchase of an alpha milsub. for some reason i really like the looks of dive watches. i am looking at a seiko, or orient as my next purchases.
    well enough about me, i look forward to spending alot of time here and looking at other peoples pics of their watches.

Re: new member

Dump the wife now.

Trust me, it will save time in the long run.

You can't go wrong with Seiko. I have the iconic skx007 and its orange cousin the 011. Thats a rare gem as most of the WIS aren't aware of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joker3 View Post
    i am looking at a seiko, or orient as my next purchases.
    well enough about me, i look forward to spending alot of time here and looking at other peoples pics of their watches.
    I just bought an Orient "Blue Mako" and I am very pleased with it. IMO it is a high quality "entry level" auto that has a nice bracelet, nice heft, decent accuracy, and from all I have heard is of decent quality as well. If you like the Submariner look, and as a Bond fan I assume you do, Orient also makes a very good Sub homage, but it has many flaws, but looks is not one of them!

Banned

Keep the old wife. Cheaper with the old model in the long run, and usually more dependable/reliable.
    And please tell her that you were advised that there are worse things we can spend our money on in the Mid Life Crisis!!!

What $$ limits do you have?

Welcome! Many dive watch fans, here (including myself). Can't go wrong, really, with either Seiko or Orient, in my opinion.

Thread Information