Like Tree1Likes

Thread: new member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

first i would like to introduce myself my name is howard and im from texas.....i had always like watches and own a about 5 nothing major im 23 years old and would like to start a watch collection but i dont know much about watches....i dont kno what watch to buy as my first collector purchase haha i have 2000 dollars that i have set apart for my 1st watch or watches but have no idea what would be the best one to get

i was looking at this zenith
    Zenith Class 01-1125-650-01-C491 | Ashford.com

opinions and suggestions are very much welcome
    thanks in advance

Re: new member

I'm 24 years old, and like you, I recently started collecting thanks to WUS. I started with affordables and am now slowly purchasing more expensive pieces. I think that by exploring nice affordable pieces, you can develop your own watch preferences, helping you discern the "best" watch. Remember that only you can determine what the "best" watch is. Once you've figured out -- through trial and error -- what kinds of watch features you like, what parts leave you dissatisfied, you can strive toward a "grail" watch, a piece that you think has all the qualities you like and then some. Buying an expensive piece immediately could leave you disappointed.

Good luck Howard.
    Last edited by Ottovonn; February 13th, 2012 at 19:46.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

I think the Zenith you are looking at is only 37mm in diameter, a very conservative size. You should go to a watch store to try on different watches to determine what kind of what you like and what size suits you best.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Zenith class is a very nice watch and is a good dress watch if you dont have huge wrists. However I remember it being cheaper on Ashford a couple of months back. If you do decide to get it from them, try and chat with their sales ppl and see if you can get a better price.

Welcome to WUS Howard. You picked the right place to hang out and learn about watches. Pretty chilly up there in Tyler this morning?

yeah i have been doing some research on the forum and i have seen really nice watches for under 500 dollards....like you mentioned im leaning more towards starting with more affordable ones and get a taste for what i find most suitable and fits my style instead a major purchase i might regret

i really apreciate the time you took to respond and share some insight ..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    The Zenith class is a very nice watch and is a good dress watch if you dont have huge wrists. However I remember it being cheaper on Ashford a couple of months back. If you do decide to get it from them, try and chat with their sales ppl and see if you can get a better price.
    yeah i have a pretty small wrist i weight about 160 haha.

Quote Originally Posted by freqmgr88 View Post
    Welcome to WUS Howard. You picked the right place to hang out and learn about watches. Pretty chilly up there in Tyler this morning?
    thanks. yeah i been doing some reading and learning so far....yeah it was just above freezing

Hi Howard. Welcome.

Remember, you can't buy everything, so take some time to learn what you like.
    Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    Hi Howard. Welcome.

Remember, you can't buy everything, so take some time to learn what you like.
    Have fun.
    yeah i have been on this forums for less than 24 hours and theres so many great watches i dont even know where to start looking haha....is there any specific watch brands in the 500 dollar range that i should look into. i see hamilton has some nice pieces

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information