Thread: New Member

Hi everyone looks like a great site you have here. Just thought I would introduce myself

I'm Paul and I collect Tissot watches, everything from a PR100 to PRS 200 to my latest beauty a blue Seastar 1000 chronograph that weighs a tonne

My hobby is polishing watches using only the best professional tools and equipment, getting all the scratches out and bringing the watch back to and if not better than its former stunning beauty.

I have joined this forum as I want to learn more about servicing watches / replacing movements etc, I have all the tools to do this but am yet to replace my first movement, does anyone on here know of any great books out there that show you in a Haynes manual type way of how to replace a watch movement?
    i know there are loads out there but most seem to date from 1946 etc

anyway, enough about me and I hope to chat to some of you soon best regards

One more thing, I would love to post pictures on here of watches that I put on eBAy for sale after being polished to get peoples opinion of the polishing job that i do but I don't want to break any rules there maybe in place as it maybe classed that I am advertising my watches etc and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot thank you

Veloci-T

Re: New Member

Welcome to the forum Paul! I think you will find a lot of people who are knowledgeable about servicing and replacing movements here; you're in the right place!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thank you for the welcome

as I said I polish watches and am looking at the next stage of replacing the movements. I have all the tools but am trying to find a good illustrated book to help. Most I have looked at are for vintage around 1946 etc also. Does anyone know of a RQ 4in1 piece of kit that is used to free up any movements that may be "stuck" I have just bought one but haven't got a clue how to use it!
    All of my watches I have sold that have been polished I am very proud of as the people that buy them say they are "better than new" and when you consider that Breitling charge an extortionate £260 for just a polish.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum Paul. You have a couple of things in your favour already - you come from the U.K. and you collect Tissots. The chronos are a little weighty aren't they.
    Last edited by sticky; June 6th, 2013 at 20:50.

[QUOTE=Veloci-T;6405476

One more thing, I would love to post pictures on here of watches that I put on eBAy for sale after being polished to get peoples opinion of the polishing job that i do but I don't want to break any rules there maybe in place as it maybe classed that I am advertising my watches etc and I don't want to get off on the wrong foot thank you

Veloci-T[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul, and welcome.

Check the forum rules, but as I understand them, you should be fine if you just post pics of the watch (using the "insert image" tool, or copying and pasting an image), and not a link to the auction itself. (There's also a sub-forum to advertise ebay auctions, but people don't really go there to talk about watches, they just go to buy.) People do all sorts of work on watches, and then sell them, but you should certainly be able to have your work evaluated.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C65 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero"

Thanks guys. You've been a great help already

Welcome. Lets see some Tissot's!
    There's a watchmaking forum here that you might enjoy.

Thread Information