New member and have a few questions

Thread: New member and have a few questions

New member and have a few questions

Hi guys just joined the forum so please bear with me and hopefully posting this in the right section.

only became big on watches a few years ago and its become a bit of an addiction. Anyways i was recently out looking for a half decent reasonably priced casual watch to wear daily as i got a few scratches on my mont blanc while at work and ended up buying a tw steel tw680. Not really been that big on them but actually really liked the look of the tw680...but i am not keen on the ''rubber'' strap which i'm guessing is silicone since every bit of dust and hair sticks to it.

Does anyone know any other straps that i could replace it with that is resistant to dust and hair?

Cheers.

Re: New member and have a few questions

Welcome aboard! I am not a big strap guy so I'm going to leave you in the hands of more able bodied members. I'm partial to nato straps on my casual watches but that's just me. Good luck.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

Of course it's all personal taste but I, personally, would go with either a NATO or a thick distressed oiled leather strap.

All Chronographs except one! Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" 7751 * Baume & Mercier Formula S * Zenith "El Primero" HW * Mühle Glashütte Nautische * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” * Techné SparrowHawk II * Alpina Startimer Big-Date * Zodiac Sea Dragon * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace * Dan Henry "1939" * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope * Guinand Duograph *

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to watchuseek! Looking at pics of the TW680, it looks like the strap was designed specifically to fit that watch. You might have trouble finding an exact fit in another material. You could try finding a strap in the material you like, and notching it to fit like the original one, or use a NATO or similar one-piece fabric strap.

~Sherry.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Thread Information