New member here!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New member here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New member here!

Hello! I am new here and wanted to say hello. I am also NEW to this hobby. After many hours watching you tube watch collecting videos and reading as much as I can, I find this hobby very interesting. I am drawn to the craftsmanship, design-particularly mechanical movements. I am fascinated with these little mechanical devices. This forum has been a wonderful place to explore. So I thought I'd join.

As far as my collection is concerned, I only own 2 watches. I have a Witnauher that my mother bought for my father in 1962 for their wedding. I inherited it in 1988. It is non running. I cannot find a repairman to fix it locally. It has been kept in a drawer all these years. My first purchase is a Benrus 39 jewel series 7026 with date in the 6 position. I hope to learn from this community while entering this new hobby.

I thought I'd document this first post with a picture of my first watch purchase I made today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hasto092 likes this.

Re: New member here!

Welcome mate, and welcome to the never ending world of "once you buy one you'll never stop..." LOL. Make sure you get around all the other threads too, they make for some good reading and you learn heaps.

Gav

Welcome.
    Where do you live, l'm sure someone will be able to recommend a watch repairer for you, I'm into vintage watches as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am in the US in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have tried to find someone local with no success.

You can post in the vintage thread that your looking for a repairer, but I'm sure you will get responses here as well, I'm in Australia so I can't help you, it would be nice to get your dad's watch running again.

Welcome! Cool Benrus, congrats. Re the Wittnauer be aware that if it is a chronograph or something like a triple calendar then it may cost a pretty penny to get it properly serviced/repaired. In this case since it has sentimental value I would still go ahead if I was you but just a heads up that vintage pieces with complications can be tricky. They often seem like bargains at first until you realise they might need work that costs more than the value of the piece.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome and enjoy,
    Watches are so interesting and I always find a choice great I used to change watches everyday now I chose one and it can stay on for often weeks, but I know one day I will open the box and fall in love with another one and wear that one again. Always buy what you like and yearn to wear and don't worry about price if you love it and can afford it buy it. Enjoy reading and learning about watches and yes even quartz watches have their place in history so if you have a couple of them don't worry if you love it, enjoy it. The Benrus is lovely enjoy wearing it it's a keeper though older watches will one day reach a time when repairs will cost more then the total cost of the working watch sad but it will happen one day

Welcome and enjoy,
    Watches are so interesting and I always find a choice great I used to change watches everyday now I chose one and it can stay on for often weeks, but I know one day I will open the box and fall in love with another one and wear that one again. Always buy what you like and yearn to wear and don't worry about price if you love it and can afford it buy it. Enjoy reading and learning about watches and yes even quartz watches have their place in history so if you have a couple of them don't worry if you love it, enjoy it. The Benrus is lovely enjoy wearing it it's a keeper though older watches will one day reach a time when repairs will cost more then the total cost of the working watch sad but it will happen one day

This is a great hobby that gives a lot of opportunity to learn. IMHO ... take your time, learn, be financially prudent, beware the dreaded impulse buy. This is a great place for you.

Welcome

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information