New member here, just wanted to say hi
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New member here, just wanted to say hi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New member here, just wanted to say hi

Hey guys and girls, I'm Stan, I'm 26 and live in Ft Lauderdale, new member here, looking to contribute what I can and gain some knowledge on which direction to take my small but growing watch collection lol.

Here's a few pics, and the start of my collection so far, I've had the Panerai PAM 048 for a while now, the SS Rolex Daytona was a recent purchase, and the JLC master compressor chronograph was purchased 3 days ago. The Tag Heuer Carrera was a 19th birthday present (my first nice watch lol) and the Tudor prince two tone was given to my father by my grandfather, and was handed down to me.

My next piece would ideally be a JLC squadra hometime, and a Breitling superocean steelfish that I sold back in college that I miss terribly hahaha.

Anyways, any feed back or suggestions are welcome! Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: New member here, just wanted to say hi

Welcome.....Awesome collection!
    TNWN

Welcome, Stan. Seems like your collection is off to a very nice start. The JLC Squadra Hometime is a classy piece. Maybe diversify a bit with some micro brands and such. But in general, buy whatever you like. Look forward to your contributions.

Also, that Tudor is great because it looks like the quintessential "Grandfather" piece, with its two-tone, size, band, and simplicity. Nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hiya Stan! Wecome to the forum. Very nice collection.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200), Rolex Submariner ND (114060)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster

Quote Originally Posted by TNWatchNerd View Post
    Welcome.....Awesome collection!
    Thank you! The obsession has begun lol hoping to add a few more pieces before the end of this year :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed Brown View Post
    Welcome, Stan. Seems like your collection is off to a very nice start. The JLC Squadra Hometime is a classy piece. Maybe diversify a bit with some micro brands and such. But in general, buy whatever you like. Look forward to your contributions.

Also, that Tudor is great because it looks like the quintessential "Grandfather" piece, with its two-tone, size, band, and simplicity. Nice.
    Thank you! Yeah the prince sticks out a bit, but I like it, it was the watch that piqued my fascination with watches when I was a kid, my grandfather told me he was going to buy me my first nice watch when I got older back then, but passed away before he could, the prince is my one sentimental piece I guess you could say.

And which micro brands would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by gagnello View Post
    Hiya Stan! Wecome to the forum. Very nice collection.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Hopefully someday it gets as good as many of the collections on display here on this forum.

Welcome to the forum, Stan! That's a pretty nice collection you've got started. Looks like you are into chronographs like I am (about a third of my watches are chronos).

Of course, now that you're here your collection will continue to grow... sometimes slowly, and sometimes you'll have watches multiplying like rabbits... but always growing. So, make plenty of room on your dresser for watch boxes!

Mike

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

Quote Originally Posted by ucfguy1987 View Post
    And which micro brands would you recommend?
    Well, maybe not micro brands per se, but some lesser-known and offbeat brands is what I meant. I don't know how a micro is really defined (under 1,000? 2,000? 3,000 annually?), but some ones I like are Habring2, RGM, and Hentschel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed Brown View Post
    Well, maybe not micro brands per se, but some lesser-known and offbeat brands is what I meant. I don't know how a micro is really defined (under 1,000? 2,000? 3,000 annually?), but some ones I like are Habring2, RGM, and Hentschel.
    Ill definitely look into it, I do love old vintage Russian divers, just not sure where to find one

Quote Originally Posted by mjbernier View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Stan! That's a pretty nice collection you've got started. Looks like you are into chronographs like I am (about a third of my watches are chronos).

Of course, now that you're here your collection will continue to grow... sometimes slowly, and sometimes you'll have watches multiplying like rabbits... but always growing. So, make plenty of room on your dresser for watch boxes!

Mike
    Thanks Mike! My love for chronos has been recent lol my first three watches were plain, non chrono pieces, before the Daytona I always loved the "clean" look, but ill admit with time comes a change in ones tastes and mine just happened to be an appreciation for chronos lol.

I'm in the process of finding a watch box for my watches, no winder, just a nice lacquered wood box, something classy.

Do you have any insight on whether or not a winder is necessary?

Holy crap, very well done, especially at such a young age! Welcome!
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information