WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New member to my Kobold Family

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  esantelli 
#1 ·
I'm expecting a new member to my little Kobold family tomorrow.
I'll be posting pics as soon as I can later tomorrow.
Anyone care to guess which model I'm adding?
Cheers

#2 ·
My guess is a SEAL.

#6 ·
Is it a quartz Timex? :-d LOL

#9 ·
An Endurance B is sitting with my doorman as we speak waiting for me and camera this evening.
I'd been looking at options for a while and decided I wanted to add a chrono, didn't want to step on Jeff's (Watchesnboats) Dad's toes getting a Physician Chrono Pulsometer (though it's incredibly cool), had an intriguing offer from a fellow forum member, but found something that spoke to me over the weekend and the price was right.
Thanks to Steve for letting it go, pics to come later tonight.
Cheers!

#11 ·
You are right Kev, the beer bottle was speaking to me and I did come home early...oh wait, you probably meant Doc Jeff?

Nice pick up there Jeff, I love that watch. I would consider it an honor and an homage for any of you to pick up something like Dad's watch though, I know he sure enjoys it. He said he hadn't used a pulsometer since med school, but uses it every day now and puts the watch to use.

#14 · (Edited)
I've got to say this is a really nice watch, comfortable on the wrist, easily legible mate black dial, good weight to it.
Having just received I haven't been able to test lume or to monitor how well it's keeping time, but I'm liking this a lot. I think it will be seeing significant time on my wrist.
The 7750 has the same "wobble" that I felt when I wore your Phantom at the club, Kev and it's really a gorgeous movement as well.
I find myself staring at it, my wife's beginning to think I've lost it, quite a lot.
I'm going out for a run and to a Pilates class, but I snapped a few pics to share with the crew.
Enjoy!
jeff

Attachments

#16 ·
Liz,
found it on TZ, only Kobold I've seen on there in the past few days, so I assume it's the same one.
Pics above, lacking your lighting and skill with a camera, they really don't do the piece justice.
Cheers

#17 ·
Beauty Jeff. I really like the wrist shot (always the most telling photo). The dial lay out is really balanced. Very nice piece indeed!

Gotta love the V.7550 wobble! Say, I'll bet that baby would look sweet as sugar on a olive, grey or black nato band.

Kev.

#21 ·
Actually it's been key to controlling and almost "curing" me of lower back pain. It provides the best core workout I've ever had.

#19 ·
jeff

that IS the same watch that peter alerted me to WOW
What a stunner Just classic and classy :-! I would have picked that up had I the funds. though not a 'chrono" person (yet) that one had a large amount of appeal. Roots with Sinn? Yes?

#20 ·
Liz,
yeah this is an early Kobold, rebadged Sinn with ChronoSwiss crown.
The rotor and the dial are both Kobold badged and the mechanism is really quite attractive. I'll post some pics of the movement later tonight or tomorrow.
I'm really loving this watch, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

On a different topic, great pic on the header of the forum, congrats!.

jeff

#22 ·
Liz,
yeah this is an early Kobold, rebadged Sinn with ChronoSwiss crown.
The rotor and the dial are both Kobold badged and the mechanism is really quite attractive. I'll post some pics of the movement later tonight or tomorrow.
I'm really loving this watch, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

On a different topic, great pic on the header of the forum, congrats!.

jeff
Jeff,
Did that come from Steve in Illinois? If so I saw it on his wrist a month ago. Looked awesome! Enjoy, Troy

#23 ·
So Jeff,

Is the KOBOLD dial version newer or older than the Kobold script dial version? Awesome watch, more pics?

#25 ·
You know that's a great question.
I'm not sure. I spoke with Brian this morning and asked if
he had any literature that would tell me more about the history of the watch and he had nothing to send me.
I have an email out to Mike, though he's traveling right now.
Jeff

#26 ·
Sweet!

Jeff, terrific pick up! :-! That's quite a stable you've got going there, buddy -- now get us some display back shots!

Regards,
Adam

#27 ·
Posted these on the "Watchya" thread last night, thought I'd add them here for those of you who wanted some display back shots.
Just got a new camera last night, these are the first couple of shots I've taken.
More over the weekend.
Enjoy!

Attachments

#29 ·
Thanks Eds,
It's a great watch and a lot of fun to wear.
I've gotten quite a few complements from my non WIS colleagues.
The front and back crystals are corundrum, the front has AR coating.
Next NYC GTG, hopefully you'll join us, and you'll get to see it yourself.

No interest in laminectomies or any other ectomies, thank you very much.
I'll just keep on Pilates-ing the pain away.
Cheers,
jeff

#30 ·
My wife thinks that I have already had the frontal lobotomy but that said would love to make the NYC GTG, I actually did zoom in a few weeks ago to see my sis and go to a steakhouse for a friends birthday, Angelo and Maxies was actually very good.
i have been keeping a low profile waiting for the Korsbek and LM7.
cheers
eds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.