New member - needing Rado repair HELP.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cartersdad

Thread: New member - needing Rado repair HELP.

New member - needing Rado repair HELP.

Hi There everyone,
    I am new to the forum and cannot believe I haven't come across it before, it looks great and some of the information is great. I love watches and have several - more than I need according to the wife. I don't really go for a specific make but I do prefer Automatic movements, I currently own watches by Seiko, Rotary, Tissot, Tag Heuer, Omega and my beloved Rado. This is where I need some help, when moving home my Rado super time crystal was damaged - I had it in my pocket and I broke it when lifting something. I am really struggling to find a repairer that can replace this for me, it is the TV screen style with the golden beveled bezel where there is a golden band with the hour markings - this all came away with the crystal. Can anyone please help with the repair of this much loved watch, its not the best and hasn't got the original bracelet but it was bought by my wife and still remains my favourite timepiece.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: New member - needing Rado repair HELP.

Have you been out checking with some watchmakers?

Yes mate I have rang several in the area and some further away, I can have one made to fit but it will be missing the gold band with the hour markings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

there are several online watch repair shop as well,

and also suppliers - esslinger, ofrei, etc who might know a watchmaker or two

methink the more difficult task is locating the proper crystal for the watch

I believe ofrei will custom made acrylic crystals. But the crystal catalogs I have seen at my watchmaker were quite large. A good watchmaker may be able to order something even if not identical.

Of course, you can ask Rado service for a quote. Some Swiss companies will take on such work because they have vintage parts inventory.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Since this watch has much sentimental value to you, as well it should since your wife gave it to you, I would send it to Rado. They should be able to service any watch they've built, including replacing a crystal. It may cost more, but you'll have the confidence it's being taken care of correctly by it's maker.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, I think sending it to Rado is going to be the best option.
    RBrylawski likes this.

Thread Information