New Member - popping in

Thread: New Member - popping in

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Member - popping in

Hey peeps. I just signed up but have been browsing for some time and thought it was time to start contributing. I hope this is the right section of the forum....?

The collection so far is relatively small but everything I have I really love and enjoy wearing. I'm currently wearing:

Oris Aquis date (bracelet)
    Tag Pro Golf (pain in the ass watch)
    Tag Carerra CV201AG (bracelet)
    Bremont Alt1-P (leather)
    Bremont MB3 (pre-order)

For now these watches are more than enough for me, but like many of you I can't stop myself from looking at other watches and building a mental want list, and I'd love to add a Bell & Ross 123 GMT and a Mont Blanc Timewalker Chronovoyager oneday but funds certainly wont allow for a long time.

I love my Oris. It's simple, clean, looks chunky and like all Oris watches in my experience it's built like a tank and will go forever. Not to menion its considerably cheaper than the other waches in my collection. I really feel you get a lot of watch for not a lot of money when you buy an Oris. The movement is pretty good but the time does require adjusting a little more than the more expensive watches in my collection.

The Tag Golf watch is a great wear. It small, weighs nothing, looks different due to the silicon band, and suits casual wear or a business suit. However, I've had nothing but problems with this watch and it's been back to Tag 3 times in 5 years due to movement and battery issues. It's currently sitting dead and dormant in my spare room. I refuse to pay Tag £280 to get it working, again! This watch almost put me off the Tag brand for good.

The Tag Carerra is unquestionably a stunning watch and really gets attention. They market the Carerras as sports watches but this particular model is definitely a dress watch, although it does look great with some jeans (sorry, pants) and t-shirt at the weekend. The problem however is that its so pretty with so many highly polished surfaces and a very delicate bezel that I'm always so paranoid about bumping it against things. It wouldn't take the knocks well at all and the bezel especially will show every knock and scrape and this is why I would never consider it a sports watch. Pop it on with my daily business wear (suit) and it's a winner however.

Ah the Bremonts. I'm a qualified private pilot so I tend to lean towards pilots watches and of course being British is another reason to enjoy the brand. I realise there's a love hate view of Bremont, but I guess that applies to any brand. But I have the say the Alt1-P is an incredible piece, built like a tank and looks stunning. It gets great attention. I picked it up second hand recently for £2300 compared to the new value of £3895 in the UK. A bargain, and the watch was in mint condition! I was wearing it out at the weekend and I bumped my arm and the watch against a wall, quite hard. My heart literally skipped a beat and as I looked down slowly to assess the damage I was feeling pretty sick. When I examined the watch over I could only find the smallest of marks on the bezel, so small that you can't even notice it at all. It could still pass for brand new, unless someone really really scrutinised the watch for some time. This astonished me as I didn't quite believe all the hype about their steel hardening process, but I can say hand on heart the watch took a fairly firm knock against a jagged brick wall and came out unscathed. This will be my daily wear for the fact it can clearly take a beating and also looks great. I reset the time acuurately 7 days ago and so far it is only 4 seconds fast now, so that's a huge tick in the box for the cosc certified movement in this watch. I really can't wait to get the MB3 which I think I'll leave on the nato strap and wear as a more casual piece at the weekends.

Anyway, I look forward to reading and learning more from you experienced peeps and I hope i can contribute to the forum at times.

Chris

Here's some pics of the Oris and Bremont (Tag is on its way back as the retailer had to swap the watch so I'll get some more of this one up when it's here which should be tomorrow)....

Watches (3) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (2) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (1) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (2) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (4) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (7) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (6) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (1) by ct8282, on Flickr

Watches (8) by ct8282, on Flickr
    Last edited by piper82; July 9th, 2014 at 21:03.

Re: New Member - popping in

Welcome to the forum! You'll see lots of cool stuff in here.

Welcome to the forum Chris. Good to see that you started your list of watches with the right one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You've a nice collection already! Welcome!
    WIS and Founder of MANCHESTERWATCHWORKS (email: [email protected])

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Welcome.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Sure would like to see pics of your watches...hint, hint, wink, wink.

Welcome to the forum! It looks like you're going to fit in just fine.

Welcome to the forum! You have some nice watches!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Welcome!

Welcome! You have a great collection. At least we're led to believe you do. But here on WUS, we require proof, so pictures are mandatory! We live for them! Yes we do!!
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information