New seiko orange monster
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By G26okie
  • 1 Post By Tmcgeo39

Thread: New seiko orange monster

New seiko orange monster

Dear All,

I am learning about watches. I have read a lot about Seiko monster watches, skx, and new SRP models. However, please let me know where i can see photo reviews/ video reviews under water. I would like to see the LUME under water. How it works underwater etc. Any links/info is welcome.
    I am planning to buy one for this NEW YEAR. Appreciate any response. Thanks..
    Last edited by triplesss; December 29th, 2012 at 13:22. Reason: typo
    Cheers,
    Triplesss

Casio Protrek PRW 1500
    Citizen BHO637 59M
    HMT Janata

New seiko orange monster

Here you go lol.

I have has 2 Seiko divers. This monster and some kinetic model. Both had the best lume I have ever seen on a watch. Both would glow through the night.

Only thing I can't stand about those watches is having mineral crystal which no matter how hard I try to keep it unscathed, always gets scratched.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356788545.531959.jpg
Views: 2299
Size:  76.6 KB
    Last edited by G26okie; December 29th, 2012 at 14:45.
    jopex and JATO757 like this.
    Class: Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39
    Avant-garde: Tag Heuer 01 Carrera Skeleton
    Aquatic: Omega Seamaster Pro 300m
    Tool: G-Shock Gulfman

Re: New seiko orange monster

Welcome to WUS! I think that the Seiko Monster would be an excellent choice of watch. It is an affordable icon. In fact, despite Seiko's prominence in the midrange with the SARB and the high end with the Grand Seiko and Spring Drive, the Monster might be the watch Seiko is most known for. When you upgrade you collection, this can serve as a beater. I think this is a great choice. I would consider going for the new generation with hacking and winding if you can get your hands on one at a reasonable price.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G26okie View Post
    Here you go lol.

I have has 2 Seiko divers. This monster and some kinetic model. Both had the best lume I have ever seen on a watch. Both would glow through the night.

Only thing I can't stand about those watches is having mineral crystal which no matter how hard I try to keep it unscathed, always gets scratched.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356788545.531959.jpg
Views: 2299
Size:  76.6 KB
    Awesome Lume . Thanks!!!
    Cheers,
    Triplesss

Casio Protrek PRW 1500
    Citizen BHO637 59M
    HMT Janata

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was youtubing for SRP 307/309k1 for some videos. found none. finally saw few pics in "new srp monsters post 'em here" thread.
    Seems i am gonna get one so soon. Wouldn't it be a perfect New year gift.

Which monster( orange or black) goes well with formal attires?
    Which one goes well for daily beater?

these questions haunt me. Should i buy both?

umm not sure.
    Cheers,
    Triplesss

Casio Protrek PRW 1500
    Citizen BHO637 59M
    HMT Janata

Which monster( orange or black) goes well with formal attires?
    The answer to that would be "neither."

Frankly, if I were wearing a giant dive watch with "formal" attire, I'd go with the bright orange one just to be clear that I don't think it matches my outfit. If you're wearing a monster with a nice outfit, you're doing it for the contrast and not because it matches. If you wore the black one with a suit or tux, people might get the impression that you actually thought it was appropriate just because it had matching black.

I can’t recall any real negative reviews about a Seiko Monster. At this time of year many state of the collection threads pop up on forums and the Monster finds its way into collections worth $1000 to $50,000. The watch flat out delivers.
    Awesome bracelet, sick lume, durable as hell movement but granted a bit unrefined (no hack, no hand-wind) but comes through with decent power reserve and great durability. I would say from personal experience going on close to 10years, no service of any kind.
    The crystal isn’t sapphire, but the glass isn’t a scratch magnet. My Monster isn’t a daily piece anymore and is almost 10years old but it has been put through a pretty good ringer (desert, ocean, office) and is scratch free (example: this is my snowboard watch and over the years it has made hard metal on metal contact with my cars wheels wells many times while dealing with chains) so it’s not that soft imo and it can take a great bump without chipping.
    The bezel has a better feel than most watches regardless of price. Tumbles like a lock on a bank vault
    A $200 price tag, some strap variations possible – bracelet, nato, rubber, leather), unique design, good street creed among the WIS crowd.
    Simply a great piece
    TwoSixSided likes this.

Thread Information