New Smartwatch.

Thread: New Smartwatch.

New Smartwatch.

I wanted to post a link to and indiegogo project (similar to kickstarter) about a smart watch called the Kreyos.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/435159/emal/3728038

The watch looks very cool and I thought some WUS members might be interested. The project is funded, but there are early adopter spots available.

I think this watch will be good for exercising. It will link to my phone so I won't have to pull it out of my pocket while running. I'm excited to try it out. It won't replace my mechanical watches, but it fills a niche.

I do not think I will use the Dick Tracy aspect and use it to make calls, though.

I'm interested to see what you guys think.

I don't know how WIS feel about smart watches...

Re: New Smartwatch.

What do you think of this one?

Sony introduces its new Android-powered SmartWatch 2: http://on.mash.to/19xvfpQ

Quote Originally Posted by roachjl View Post
    I wanted to post a link to and indiegogo project (similar to kickstarter) about a smart watch called the Kreyos.

KREYOS: The ONLY Smartwatch With Voice & Gesture Control | Indiegogo

The watch looks very cool and I thought some WUS members might be interested. The project is funded, but there are early adopter spots available.

I think this watch will be good for exercising. It will link to my phone so I won't have to pull it out of my pocket while running. I'm excited to try it out. It won't replace my mechanical watches, but it fills a niche.

I do not think I will use the Dick Tracy aspect and use it to make calls, though.

I'm interested to see what you guys think.

I don't know how WIS feel about smart watches...
    I like it. It brings our timepieces to a whole new level. I have no digital watches in the collection and these smart watches are probably the one that interest me the most. Pretty interesting project anyways, thanks for sharing.
    ~ Daniel ~

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unless I misunderstood the vid., apparently it doesn't actually replace your smartphone. You still need one. You just buy the watch as an extra accessory.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Unless I misunderstood the vid., apparently it doesn't actually replace your smartphone. You still need one. You just buy the watch as an extra accessory.
    That's correct, even though the watch can log some data and upload it to the cloud. Most of the functionality needs it to connect to phone via Bluetooth.
    The beauty for me is not having to take my phone from my pocket when I'm exercising. I am going to take me phone with me on a bike ride or a run. I don't want to be stranded somewhere without a phone. The pain is if I get a phone call or text, I have to stop and pull the phone out, especially when I'm on call for the hospital. With the watch, I can just look at my wrist, and see if its important and either answer or respond, or keep running. It will also transmit data from the running app on my phone to the watch, so I can glance while running or pause easily, or change music easily.
    If it works as promised its a decent deal at 100 bucks, less so at 170...

Quote Originally Posted by Robot L337 View Post
    What do you think of this one?

Sony introduces its new Android-powered SmartWatch 2: http://on.mash.to/19xvfpQ
    I like it, but I don't think it supports iOS, which is a deal dreamer for me. It's on it's second generation though, which might mean its more refined...

The round of funding for this Smartwatch ends soon, so I thought I would post again about it. It looks like the best one to date and its smashed its funding goal. I am curious to see what Apple is gong to come up with, but who knows when that will be.

Banned

unless you spoke with Ernie and this is Ernie sanctioned you're breaking rule #5 and #15

5. No posts promoting raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns or related activities will be allowed without prior approval by Watchuseek. All non-sponsors who wish to make posts of this nature should contact Ernie Romers or a forum moderator.

15. Watchuseek encourages and welcomes the introduction of new watch related ventures! However, out of respect for our valued site sponsors, we request that you first contact the Site Owner prior to posting any new or potential business launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
    unless you spoke with Ernie and this is Ernie sanctioned you're breaking rule #5 and #15

5. No posts promoting raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns or related activities will be allowed without prior approval by Watchuseek. All non-sponsors who wish to make posts of this nature should contact Ernie Romers or a forum moderator.

15. Watchuseek encourages and welcomes the introduction of new watch related ventures! However, out of respect for our valued site sponsors, we request that you first contact the Site Owner prior to posting any new or potential business launches.
    I received explicit permission from Ernie to post about this before I started the original thread. I figured it might be an issue so I wrote him to ask.
    Last edited by roachjl; August 5th, 2013 at 03:29.

Thread Information