New Toys Show and Tell Thread

Thread: New Toys Show and Tell Thread

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New Toys Show and Tell Thread

Okay, folks. Now I know there are some out there (KEV!) who have recently picked up some new toys to play with. Now is your chance to come clean and post some pictures and information for the Kobold cognoscenti.

For my part, I sold that beautiful RGM (just a little too pretty for me, and less versatile than I need, as I just don't dress up much or well ), and replaced it with this: Chopard LUC Sport 2000, silver dial. It is 40mm, 100m WR, very rugged in-house micro-rotor movement, and has beautiful lume for an all-around watch. It dresses down on rubber (still looking for the bracelet), and up on crocodile (have baby hornback ordered), and has plenty of WR and ruggedness to withstand anything I throw at it. Oh, and the finishing is SUPERB--every little detail is gorgeous, right down to the buckle Chopard makes themselves.

I'm really enjoying this one...oh, and you can see that the outer layer of AR coating was scratched in some of the pictures--I took a polishing cloth to it, and it's now gone. The crystal is beautiful (and there's AR on the inside too). Timekeeping is just about 1sec/day.

Cheers,
    Daniel

The definition of "in-house"...

Daniel, I'm glad to see that you held out for exactly what you wanted, and didn't settle. That Choppy you've got there is one serious piece of horology, no doubt about it. Between the impeccable fit and finish, the 4.96 movement -- which is as beautiful as it is rugged -- and its' true boardroom-to-the-beach versatility, the Sport 2000 is as close to a "one watch to rule them all" as they come. Wear it in good health, you meat-eating, gun-totin', hairy-chested, liberal!

Regards,
    Adam

PS - I still think you should've gone for an Ingy.
    Last edited by craniotes; October 30th, 2008 at 00:53.
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

Re: The definition of "in-house"...

Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    Daniel, I'm glad to see that you held out for exactly what you wanted, and didn't settle. That Choppy you've got there is one serious piece of horology, no doubt about it. Between the impeccable fit and finish, the 4.96 movement -- which is as beautiful as it is rugged -- and it's true boardroom-to-the-beach versatility, the Sport 2000 is as close to a "one watch to rule them all" as they come. Wear it in good health, you meat-eating, gun-totin', hairy-chested, liberal!

Regards,
    Adam

PS - I still think you should've gone for an Ingy.
    Yeah, well I didn't want to follow you too closely, Adam. The Ingy is a terrific watch, but I'm telling you it's got nothing on this Chopard beyond the anti-magnetism (and I'm already as anti-magnetic a personality as I need to be). But we can always throw them down in person and see, right? Oh, and this watch cost about 35% less than too.

I polished the exterior AR off, so here are some wrist-shots from today. BTW, these are done with a simple, cheap P&S digi camera, as are all my pics

DJK

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice new toy there Daniel. I like it.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Kev

Re: New Toys Show and Tell Thread

Ah, yes.

Last week traded my UN MMD for a GO pilot watch.

Since every watch I own is a diver (FWIW, I consider my Phantom a diver) I decided to try something new. To that point, I wish the GO was more WR. Obie swears/hopes the GO will be put on the block because I can't swim with it. Aside from the lack of WR, I'm really enjoying the watch!

Here is my version of land, sea, and air. . .

Land

Sea

Air (my new Glashutte Navigator)

Although. . . land, sea, and air could just as easily been this. . .

Land

Sea

Air

Kev.

Kev

Daniel,

Beautiful Choppard! I can't get over that movement. I guess I'm so used to the rotor obscuring half the movement. . . that micro-rotor is cool looking!

Elegant and you can swim with it. . . what could be better? Congrats!

Kev.

p.s. one more shot on the current strap. . .

Last edited by Kev; October 29th, 2008 at 20:46.

Kev,
    Lovely GO such a classic design!!!
    I also acquired what I consider one of the finest pilot watches made,both from a design standpoint and from a technical standpoint.
    If you have never had a chance to handle Damasko steel it is marvelous, kind of a organic feel and hard as can be, you can not scratch it with in reason of course.
    The bezel is perfect the ball bearings allow for the ideal amount of resistance, plus it makes the watch wear it's full 44mm, there other watches wear small not the DC66
    I am getting antsy, for another Kobold.
    eds

Thanks, Kev. The movement work is superb. I'll get better pictures (with that stupid sticker off) sometime soon, but it really cool having the micro-rotor and seeing the detail and decoration in the movement--very, very high quality.

I love the GO--that's the best pilot watch currently being made, IMHO, although the Stowa isn't bad either. Really, really nice work, great dial and hands, cool seconds reset, and awesome lume too! Congrats!

DJK

Some serious new toys you all have! My latest have been more like:

A blue Seiko Sumo

Which I like so much, I decided to get in orange

I'm waiting on Paypal to release the funds from an eBay sale (a Tag Monaco Gulf) so I can pull this out of lay-away (not my picture)

Then, the next lay-away victim will most likely be (again, not my picture)

Then I have to take a (long) breather

Wow, some really nice toys in this tread. Congrats everyone and enjoy 'em!

-luke

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information