New Vacheron Constantin Boutique in Vancouver & Great Experience!
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Vacheron Constantin Boutique in Vancouver & Great Experience!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Vacheron Constantin Boutique in Vancouver & Great Experience!

It is always exciting when a new watch Boutique opens. Especially a brand like Vacheron Constantin. It has always interested me as a brand, but I never really had the chance to take a look at the models that interested me. Thank You to Vincent, Charlene and Charley for spending lots of time introducing me to the brand. Very friendly, personable, friendly and knowledgeable indeed. Just because Vacheron Constantin is one of the higher end brands, no need to feel intimidated visiting the beautiful shop, as they will make you feel comfortable. It is obvious that they love to show the watches, and do so with pleasure without sales pressure.

I spent an enjoyable hour looking at my favorite model, the Overseas Self-Winding stainless steel at 41mm. No need to be concerned about which strap or bracelet to choose. This model comes with an intricate stainless steel bracelet, the links a half Maltese Cross pattern, a dressy alligator leather strap and sportier rubber strap. There is a very clever interchangeable bracelet mechanism, which allows you to change the straps/bracelet in a minute, without any tools. My favorite of the dials was the beautiful black lacquered dial, with a real depth and refreshing change from the many popular sunburst dials.

The stainless steel bracelet finishing and comfort is second-to-none. And the excellent butterfly clasp even offers a small built-in extension of about 2mm on either side. This is unique for a butterfly clasp, I am not aware of any other brand that offers it. Unfortunately, it is a feature that is not often mentioned. There is a description of the clasp on this Deployant review, and also at the bottom of this review which I could not seem to move:
    https://deployant.com/review-vachero...onograph-5200/

Without getting into any more detail, here is a link to a most excellent review of this very model on Monochrome, with far better pictures and detail of the strap change mechanism:
    https://monochrome-watches.com/vache...-sports-watch/

Here are a few pics I took at the Boutique. If I ever get the watch, I will certainly post more and better pics of the watch:

I really love the contrast of the grey ring at the edge of the dial, making the looks of the watch even more versatile. And the unique bezel with the six notches, again a nod to the Maltese cross, and the insides of the notches satin-brushed to contrast with the rest of the polished bezel:

Elegant alligator strap:

Thin, breathable rubber lining. Note the link at the end which fits into the spring bar:

Sporty, comfortable and supple rubber strap:

Beautiful deployant clasp (pardon the finger prints!) which fits both leather and rubber straps:

Sorry I didn't get pics of the lovely blue dial. But this silver dial stands out from both blue and black dials. It really is lovely, but in my opinion gives the watch a much sportier look. I love the black framed markers and hands:

Thanks for looking at my review. Really want to get more acquainted with this watch. I will add some more photos later, as I am sure this is not my last visit to the Boutique! It is a pleasure to visit and a great excuse for me to take a trip downtown in Vancouver!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Re: New Vacheron Constantin Boutique in Vancouver & Great Experience!

Great review and beautiful pieces sir, thanks!!
    carlhaluss likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Interesting to hear of your experience. I'm seriously in the market for the very watch you're showing here, and have not had a good experience so far with their Manhattan boutique (which is the closest to where I live). I can certainly understand their desire for me to actually walk in and commit to putting down money, but I'm not buying a train ticket to New York until I at least have some of my basic questions answered. Yet, I get the impression I'm getting the brush-off. Not sure what else to do though.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    carlhaluss likes this.
    • Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15500ST.OO.1220ST.02
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    Interesting to hear of your experience. I'm seriously in the market for the very watch you're showing here, and have not had a good experience so far with their Manhattan boutique (which is the closest to where I live). I can certainly understand their desire for me to actually walk in and commit to putting down money, but I'm not buying a train ticket to New York until I at least have some of my basic questions answered. Yet, I get the impression I'm getting the brush-off. Not sure what else to do though.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    Sorry to hear about your not-so-good experience. It doesn't sound to me that you are having the pleasure you should be having when buying a new watch. The culture at the Vancouver Boutique is the opposite, and the way it should be. When I do a search on the VC website, it shows 6 locations in the New York area, although not all of them are boutiques. If I was you, I would try some of the other locations and see what service you get. Maybe some other forum members can chime in here, to offer some of their experiences.

It is a pity that some shops do give the impression of a brush off if one is not immediately ready to commit to a purchase. Not a good recipe for repeat business.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the position right now to consider getting the watch. And it sounds like you really need to find somewhere to get another close look at the model. Will be interested to hear what your next developments will be.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Last edited by carlhaluss; May 2nd, 2019 at 03:10.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Sorry to hear about your not-so-good experience. It doesn't sound to me that you are having the pleasure you should be having when buying a new watch. The culture at the Vancouver Boutique is the opposite, and the way it should be. When I do a search on the VC website, it shows 6 locations in the New York area, although not all of them are boutiques. If I was you, I would try some of the other locations and see what service you get. Maybe some other forum members can chime in here, to offer some of their experiences.

It is a pity that some shops do give the impression of a brush off if one is not immediately ready to commit to a purchase. Not a good recipe for repeat business.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the position right now to consider getting the watch. And it sounds like you really need to find somewhere to get another close look at the model. Will be interested to hear what your next developments will be.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Thanks, but unfortunately it has to be a boutique; the black-dialed Overseas is a boutique-exclusive, unless I go grey market. And at the risk of sounding effete, I wanted to experience the "boutique experience" at least once in my life, get a little pampering, blah blah blah and I figured, well, if not with a trinity watch, then when?

But beside all that, I think it's really cool that you had a great experience, even though you weren't in the market for one. I know there are some folks on this forum who sell watches, and thus would probably disagree with me, but I think a positive experience can be good marketing, potentially setting up a future sale even though no dollars are spent today.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    carlhaluss and mleok like this.
    • Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15500ST.OO.1220ST.02
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    Thanks, but unfortunately it has to be a boutique; the black-dialed Overseas is a boutique-exclusive, unless I go grey market. And at the risk of sounding effete, I wanted to experience the "boutique experience" at least once in my life, get a little pampering, blah blah blah and I figured, well, if not with a trinity watch, then when?

But beside all that, I think it's really cool that you had a great experience, even though you weren't in the market for one. I know there are some folks on this forum who sell watches, and thus would probably disagree with me, but I think a positive experience can be good marketing, potentially setting up a future sale even though no dollars are spent today.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    I had no idea it is a Boutique Exclusive. Well, the watch is still a possibility, but a bit later on perhaps. Have to sell a few of my current collection before I can think about buying another. Certainly agree with you about the "Boutique Experience". I have found over the years that an experience like that makes ownership of the watch a lot more enjoyable. I sure hope you can find that in the future. If I can think of any other suggestions, will let you know.

Cheers,
    Carl

Excellent review and glad you had a positive experience. Nice watch!
    carlhaluss likes this.

@Alysandir, maybe book a weekend trip to Van City and pick-up the watch...?

When I bought my BLNR, I could only find one at a boutique in London. I wire transferred a deposit, flew to London, picked-up the watch, and then spent a few days with some friends enjoying the city.

Simply adds even more memories to the occasion, and Vancouver is beautiful late spring or early summer.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Hmmm. I’ll check it out when I am down there and I will try not to buy anything lol.

Speaking of boutiques, no idea why AP cut montecristo off before the AP boutique even opens. I guess AP is now exclusive enough to expect vancouverites to get their new Royal Oaks online or during travels.

Maybe VC can take advantage of this in Vancouver.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
    Hmmm. I’ll check it out when I am down there and I will try not to buy anything lol.

Speaking of boutiques, no idea why AP cut montecristo off before the AP boutique even opens. I guess AP is now exclusive enough to expect vancouverites to get their new Royal Oaks online or during travels.

Maybe VC can take advantage of this in Vancouver.
    I have not seen a steel Royal Oak inside an AP AD for years... they go straight to VIP customers...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information