New Watch
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New Watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Watch

I have a bit of a dilemma. I can't decide between two dive watches I want and I can't afford both. The two watches are the Seiko skx 013 and the Baltic aquascaphe. I know I can't go wrong with the Seiko but I've fallen in love with the Baltic and it's specs 39mm x 12mm domed sapphire crystal and sapphire bezel insert and I've never seen a more beautiful vintage styled dial in my opinion. It has a miyota 9039 which is a genuine no date version of the 9015 which has gotten decent reviews.(I was a bit skeptical based on the 8000 series)
    Also prices skx is about €300 on Amazon and the Baltic isn't available as of now but will cost around €700

Any help and opinions would be grateful
    My current idea is wait until the Baltic is available and if it sells out before I get the chance to buy it(I need to save up first I'm only 16) I'll get the Seiko.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: New Watch

You should buy the watch that speaks to you. If you like the Baltic the most, wait and see if you can get hold of one. If you buy the Seiko now, you might regret not taking a shot at the Baltic.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    You should buy the watch that speaks to you. If you like the Baltic the most, wait and see if you can get hold of one. If you buy the Seiko now, you might regret not taking a shot at the Baltic.

Yeah voicing my thoughts exactly😀 I'm just worried that I won't be able to get the Baltic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seiko has problems with the alignment of the rehaut; I would buy a Seiko from a brick and mortar dealership only, after a decent inspection

Wait for the baltic, or try to pick up one used.
    Stirling Moss likes this.
    They say the people with the most birthdays tend to live the longest.

The Baltic looks good but I need the day and the date so Seiko wins.
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLampPost View Post
    Wait for the baltic, or try to pick up one used.
    Yup, hate to say it, but I'm really tired of that Seiko / Rolex / Omega / everyone design, I think you can go wrong - if you don't love it and it's not something that you smile at every time you look at it DON'T GET IT!

In the car world we call this smiles-per-mile: every time I see my car, for 10 years, I smile; every time I drive it, I'm wowed; any time I want to, I can make myself giggle like a little girl driving it, every time, all of the time.

Don't settle.
    Last edited by GrussGott; June 6th, 2019 at 02:52.

Well, I take a slightly different view. The Seiko is a classic - a legend in its own lifetime. The perfect watch for a teenager becoming a young adult.

The Baltic I've not heard of - sure it has some style, but is clearly a composite of cues and for me lacks pure-form. I suggest find a shop selling the Seiko - where you can view alignment etc - see how it feels n looks. It appears you can afford it and if you love it, get that and enjoy it and save for the next purchase. If you feel "nah" and compromised, then walk away, take your time and save and there'll be awesome watches ahead even if that Baltic sells out. Most of us find a watch a week we want.

and good on ya for having a passion for awesome things like watches - at your age I was wasting all the little I had on stupidity
    Snaggletooth likes this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Quote Originally Posted by S.Hath173 View Post
    Yeah voicing my thoughts exactly😀 I'm just worried that I won't be able to get the Baltic
    They will come up on the used market.

I just picked up a limited edition watch that only 20 were made. I didn't think I'd ever get a chance to own one, but it came up FS here on WUS and I was able to grab it.

So don't count out getting one when if you miss the initial release.

-- Wayne

".....I'm really tired of that Seiko / Rolex / Omega / everyone design..."
    I hear ya GG, but you've looked at them for years n years and if ur like me, owned numerous iterations of it
    There's a reason the look is so copied and been around so long :)
    GrussGott and Snaggletooth like this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information