New watch Dilemma

Thread: New watch Dilemma

Rolling eyes New watch Dilemma

I am looking for some advice with my watch problems asI don't need to get another watch but still find myself looking for 'dressy' watches

I've previously shortlisted the Tissot Visodate, but have since forgotten about it (my budget is about 500 SGD) and am now considering the Beijing Beihai 3.0 (in midnight blue). The Seagull WuYi also looks good (has similar sunburst to Hamilton Intramatic).

However, I don't know if my choice in the Beijing Beihai 3.0 is a good one though as there always seem to be something that pulls be away from it. It could be the black second hand.. or maybe the date window (and the date font).

So then I have been looking further and found the Sinn 556i. I also find much appeal in the Hamilton Intramatic.
    The only problem is this will be slightly outside my price bracket.

The main reason for looking at these watches is that sometimes I that the SARB023 looks a little too thick, and it isn't very attractive under bright sunlight (but that's just because of harsh lighting, I find it amazingly beautiful to look at under those yellow lightbulbs)

Something about myself:
    I would identify myself as more of a bracelet guy (like the convenience of it), but eventually would still like to own nice pieces in leather band.
    Would probably also looking to sell off my FFF (SNZH59 with Dagaz charcoal sunburst), based on how popular this mod is.. I can only say the design is doing nothing for me at all.

Anyone has any suggestion for me??
    Current Collection:
    Seiko SARB023 | Seiko PMMM | Seiko FFF | Seiko Monster (dracula) | GShock 5600 | Swatch Sistem 51

Dream Watch:
    SBGR061 | SBGM029 | Nomos Metro | Nomos Tangente | Zenith Elite Captain Central Second

Re: New watch Dilemma

Of those I'd aim for the Sinn. Versatile and with very effective AR coating and a decent bracelet with micro-adjustment so you get a perfect fit, unlike the Sarb.

Do u really need a dress pieice? I mean what do you normally wear on a daily basis? I am usually in business ..../tie and slacks and do not really feel the need for a dress watch. I guess here in Singapore, no one really cares what is strapped to my wrist at the office or when i am visiting a client.

That said, i am always looking for an excuse to add another watch to my rotation...

i would go with the Sinn556i on bracelet too, it is slightly thinner than the sarb023 at 11mm and the blasted finishing will make it wear smaller and slimmer i guess and it has a modern look.

But Sinn 556i is also over priced IMHO, to me it is a bit too expensive for a simple 3 hander with none of the "special" sinn technologies. If only it were fully tegimented...
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How about the Hamilton Intramatic? Any thoughts on them.
    Also for the Sinn.. at those price range opens up the Seiko Presage too (with 'Urushi' dial etc.)

Do I need a dress piece? Probably not, but I'd very much like to own one that is nice. Don't we all :S
    Current Collection:
    Seiko SARB023 | Seiko PMMM | Seiko FFF | Seiko Monster (dracula) | GShock 5600 | Swatch Sistem 51

Dream Watch:
    SBGR061 | SBGM029 | Nomos Metro | Nomos Tangente | Zenith Elite Captain Central Second

Hi,
    I don't think the Sinn is really a "dress" watch, although that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it . The Hamilton Intramatic looks nice.
    You could go for some kind of Bauhaus Junkers, Limes also makes some dress watches with an engine turned effect dial.
    Or you could always buy a second hand Nomos. Good luck.
    Name:  junkers_6050M-5.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  67.8 KB

How about this?

Orient Star Classic?

Name:  IMG_20150721_231550.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  54.7 KB
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SBDX017, SLA017.

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    How about this?

The aesthetics doesn't appeal to me as much as the Beihai 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by obomomomo View Post
    Orient Star Classic?

Name:  IMG_20150721_231550.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  54.7 KB
    This one looks very good, I once almost got it. Currently I find it a little 'stubby' if it makes sense.

Anyone owns a Beihai 3.0 or Hamilton Intramatic? Care to share your experiences? :D
    Current Collection:

Dream Watch:

I would do my utmost to snag the Sinn but is it dressy enough for what you want?

I will try to check out the Sinn in flesh to know whether it fits what I'm looking for.

Dressy wise I think I'd still go for Beihai/Hamilton Intramatic tbh. While Sinn I just find it would wear well as a daily wearer.
    Current Collection:

Dream Watch:

Thread Information