New Watch - Unboxing - Pic Heavy
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: New Watch - Unboxing - Pic Heavy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Watch - Unboxing - Pic Heavy

Hi All,

I just thought I would introduce to you my new watch?

The rationale behind buying it was (in no particular order):

• I don't have a single hand watch
    • I don't have a jumping hours
    • I loved the sunburst blue dial and high quality finish
    • MeisterSinger is a brand that has always interested me

Before I post the pics I have a few comments after wearing the watch for a few hours:

The quality of the case in terms of finish and smooth lines is rarely seen in a piece that is (comparatively speaking) reasonable in price. When I compare the finish compared to my two Longines or my Tudor then I have to say that this particular MeisterSinger is much better. That said I did try on another MeisterSinger that had a finish comparable to Tudor and slightly less favourably to Longines - so in this case I am giving a particular watch comparison(s) - and not a particular brand recommendation.

The calf strap is excellent quality for the price point and very comfortable. The deployment clasp is easy to adjust but the unbuckling and buckling is a little clumsy for my complete satisfaction. You have to almost force/slide the buckle open and closed as oped to neatly click it in and press a release to unbuckle (I hope that makes sense).

The packaging (for those that care for such things) is a storable size, unfussy and with a neat little design that I had never seen before. When removing the outer casing you can see the watch self shrink wrapped in a book that opens up. Once the book opens, the 'wrap' smooths out completely again after a minute or so, meaning that the packaging will always look good upon resale.

Lastly the sunburst blue dial is really fabulous. In different lights it takes on different hues and is quite lovely. The vast majority of my watches cost far more than this little addition but in terms of pure dial aesthetics it wears as a far more expensive member of the family.

The jumping hours is accurate with an immediate click over the moment the minute hand hits 12.

Of course date and second hand enthusiasts will not like this watch and neither will those that love to have two mands as a minimum. But as a person lucky enough to have a large collection, this is a quirky and good looking member of a bigger family that offers me something different. I hope that you like the pics of the MeisterSinger Salthora:

Re: New Watch - Unboxing - Pic Heavy

Yes! Fabulous and a good review. I really like the audible "click" of the jumping hour on that model.
    The Meistersinger No. 2 is on my shortlist. The movement and look is worth the difference over the No. 1.

And the Salthora - if I can bring myself to spend up to its price - is definitely worth the money in terms of finish and features. Congratulations - you picked a beauty!
    GETS likes this.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Not Seiko: Parmigiania Tonda 1950, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, IWC Cal. 89 (c. 1957), Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), Scurfa Diver One, G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7069 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), 5740-8000 Lord Marvel 36'000 (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), King Quartz 5855-5000 (1977), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984), SKX399K "Philippines"

Congrats - that's a really cool watch.
    GETS likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Big congrats on your new starter.
    GETS likes this.

Wow! I have never seen this watch. I am very impressed. Congrats on a beautiful watch.
    GETS likes this.

Nice. Wear it in good health.
    GETS likes this.

Banned

simply awesome.... congrats
    GETS likes this.

Very cool! I do enjoy the pleasing aesthetic myself. Congrats!
    GETS likes this.

It's really nice, I'll tell ya, for me it would be fun to own just to look at the expression on someone’s face when they ask me for the time as I hold my wrist up close for them to determine.
    GETS likes this.

Seiko, Cartier Moderator Athram's Avatar

Fantastic watch. Congratulations.
    GETS likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast