New Watch Wanted: HELP! Military!

Thread: New Watch Wanted: HELP! Military!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Watch Wanted: HELP! Military!

Hey everyone, i am pretty new to watches so I dont really have much experience in choosing the appropriate watch. I have applied to become an infantry officer, and my application has been succesfull.

I am now looking for a watch to take with me for active duty around the world, iraq/afghanistan etc. What would be the best choice? My price range is around the £300 range and i am from the UK.

The watch i am currently using is the Luminox Blackout 3051 and it has served me well during my time in the UOTC and as a Officer in the Cadets but i am now looking for an upgrade. I do however want a watch that can withstand some punishment, water resistant to a good level and that i can view easily at night (i really lke the illumination provided by trasers/luminox).

Your help is much appreciated. Cheers

Inderraj Singh

Re: New Watch Wanted: HELP! Military!

I think you wont go far wrong with a traser or clone with saphire crystal and carbon fiber bezel i have had an Underwasser version with orange dial and its taken a lot of hits!

most of the trasers i have seen are 20/50m water resistant, is there any 200M ones?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I believe the Casio G-Shocks are very popular with the military, they are available in digital and digi-analogue versions, have a look on Amazon.

Check out CWC and Marathon watches. Both make solid (military issue) watches in both quartz and automatic.
    matt

ok i know this is a nooby question, but how does automatic work and differ from quartz? whats less prone to malfunction?

H there my unterwasser traser watch is 200m wr,I love automatic watches but for a military job quartz i think would be best ,automatics are generally not that accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by inderrajsingh View Post
    ok i know this is a nooby question, but how does automatic work and differ from quartz? whats less prone to malfunction?
    Automatic is a self winding (by wrist movement) mechanical mechanism with with a spring and gears etc, a quartz watch is electrically powered and uses a quartz crystal which will vibrate at a precise frequency when a current is passed through it and is used to keep time either via a digital display or a stepper motor to move gears for an analogue watch.

Quartz watches will be more rugged generally and more reliable.

I don't know if you'll be able to get a Marathon TSAR for under 300 quid, but I think it fits the bill.

TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Victorinox dive master 500. Water resistant 500m. Sapphire crystal, 316L. Plenty of lum on bezel, dial and hr , min hand. Definitely within yr budget. Best it comes in PVD coating which makes it gun metal coating instead of shiny ss.

Last edited by GMT-II; March 18th, 2011 at 04:32.
    " One Watch to rule them all, One Watch to find them. One Watch to bring them all and the darkness bind them. "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information