New to WUS - U-boat
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: New to WUS - U-boat

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Sponsor

New to WUS - U-boat

Hey WUS,

My name is Ryan and I work for a company called Kenro Industries. We have been the US Distributor of U-boat for the last 3 years. We have spent a good amount of time and energy cleaning up the line and trying to connect with watch enthusiasts. I am new to WUS, so I wanted to introduce myself and kick my membership off with a give-a-way. Ill let the contest run for a few days, but I am looking for people to reply to this thread with their favorite U boat watch. Text or image responses are acceptable....I will randomly pick 5 winners and will ship them each one of these Flat Brim Hats ( Must live in US, Sorry!)...

I am really looking forward to connecting with the WUS community and I appreciate your feedback (good and bad).

The company I work for is also the newly appointed US distributor for Paul Picot Time Pieces and Montegrappa Writing Instruments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Medusa and ronnie.mckinney2 like this.

Re: New to WUS - U-boat

favourite UBoat watch eh?
    Would you settle for least hated Uboat model instead?
    I'll give it to UBoat...they somehow make Panerai and Invicta look like an exercise in restraint.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Just my opinion, but they all scream "Invicata" to me, but if I had to choose, it would prob be the U-42 6157, or the 8088 UNICUM. thanks!
    KenroWatch and SamaelStrings like this.

Omega Seamaster Pro 300 Ceramic
    Aevig Huldra V2

Magrette Moana Pacific Diver II
    Helm Vanuatu V4
    Glycine Combat Sub GL0078
    ​Scufra Diver One D1-500
    Seiko SKX009
    ​Seiko SSC021
    Citizen BN0-151 Eco-Drive Diver
    Casio AMW-330
    Vintage Elgin Pocket watch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I heard Graham told U Boat to take their crown designs down a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PowerChucker View Post
    Just my opinion, but they all scream "Invicata" to me, but if I had to choose, it would prob be the U-42 6157, or the 8088 UNICUM. thanks!
    they named a watch Unicum?
    Name:  roflmfao.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  64.4 KB
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately I could not pick a favourite U boat as to me they are all an eye sore and do nothing for me whatsoever.

"Really looking forward to connecting with the WUS community " - but only if you live in the USA apparently........

Welcome aboard!
    KenroWatch likes this.

Going out on a limb here... but I'm guessing flat brim hat wearers make up a microscopic percentage of WUS members.

But I'll play along. After a quick browse, I'd say the "Classico 47 U-1001 Titanium" is my favorite, to look at.

Name:  uboat.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  171.5 KB

Lol ... I see the sourpusses are out today. C'mon fellas - he says they are looking to appeal to collectors. How many "big" watch companies have you heard from that actually address and acknowledge us. We are such a small part of the market. "Public" is tough on people somtimes ... although it probably is the most appropriate sub-fora for this.

I just bought my first "really big" watch and unfortunately it was not a U-Boat ... mostly because I work in an office and am not sure I want to drop that much on something fun I can only wear on the weekends, but ...

I have always admired the Chimera. Unfortunately (again) because of the acidity in my skin I can't wear bronze ... but I think it is attractive (image blatantly stolen from the web).

... and one of my favorite custom strap makers, Jeremy at Prime Straps used a U-42 as his model piece for photos for a few months. For me it is a close second because of the uniqueness of the crown device (image borrowed from Jeremy's P'bucket ... I hope he doesn't mind ;) ).

As for flat brimmed hats however, unfortunately (three strikes) I don't wear them because I look like a complete dork ... I think it has something to do with the shape of my head :( . Paul Picot is high-end but Montegrappa makes some really special stuff. I am the proud owner of one of the original Symphony blue celluloid pens ... and I gifted my Father in Law a red one. Both have gone up in value.
    Last edited by Pallet Spoon; May 17th, 2017 at 01:05.
    Tommywine0, KenroWatch and Robotaz like this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information