Newbie asking for help please

Thread: Newbie asking for help please

Newbie asking for help please

My parents bought me a watch on a trip to Europe many years ago. I think it was during the sixties, I was about 12 at the time. It was a very special gift to me. I wore it to death diving and everyday till the stainless band broke. Then I put it away, Eventually it quit.

I still have it and would like to know about it if anybody can help me. They used to tell me it was a "good" watch and to take care of it. I have carried it with me all these years and now want to have it put back in working order and have it restored.

The face of the watch says Bucherer and has a shield emblem. It also says automatic and swiss made. It is a stainless steel, black face, diver watch with a black bezel and date (no day). The back has six notches, I assume for a tool to unscrew it, and the knob on the side adjusts the time and day separately depending on how far you pull it out. It also screws down (to seal and keep out water?).

There are circular markings on the back that state "tested 20 atmospheres waterproof", "Swiss made", and "antimagnetic". In the center of the back it reads "stainless steel" and below that is the number "6992".

What, if anything can anybody tell me about it, if not here, where should I go to find out about it, and where should I send it for restoration.

Thanks

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Newbie asking for help please

Bucherer is a swiss jewellery chain, well know in Switzerland. Good reputation. www.bucherer.ch. For more info please post pics of the dial, case back and movement. Keep in mind that a restoration could burn wholes into your pocket.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 17th, 2010 at 00:25.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Bucherer is a watch and jewelry store chain started in 1888 in Switzerland. You can find more information about the company here
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for your responses. Immediately before I posted this question here, I emailed Bucherer directly through their "contact us" page on their website. Below is a copy and paste of their reply that came this morning.

Dear Mr. Moss

Thank you for your e-mail concerning an agent in U.S. who is able to identify and restore your Bucherer watch.

In order to get a higher quality of service, we try to concentrate knowhow and infrastructure to one location. Our service agent with all facilities to repair BUCHERER, B-Swiss as well as Carl F. Bucherer watches in the US is Stoll & Co., Dayton, OH. Please find the address as follows:

Stoll & Co
    America's Watchmaker
    1801 South Metro Parkway
    Dayton, OH 45459

Toll free: 800.STOLLCO (786.5526)

Phone: 937 434 7800
    Fax: 937 434 8463

E-mail: [email protected]

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Kind regards from Switzerland,

Andrea Furger Delfosse
    Watch service

Bucherer LTD
    Langensandstrasse 27
    postbox
    CH-6002 Lucerne
    Phone: +41 41 369 75 14
    Fax: +41 41 369 73 66
    [email protected]
    www.bucherer.com

By the way...

Is anybody familiar with this company? I assume they are trustworthy because of the direct recommendation from Bucherer, but it never hurts to verify.

Thanks.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

As a newbie you might not know that WUS offers a cross fora search function. (check the black balk). Typing just "Stoll & Co" will lead you to some reports of satisfied customers (Sinn, vintage Omega, Doxa...).
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 21st, 2010 at 20:38.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thank you, I will try the search function.

Thread Information