Newbie to the forum! Some comments on my current piece (Seiko)?

Thread: Newbie to the forum! Some comments on my current piece (Seiko)?

Newbie to the forum! Some comments on my current piece (Seiko)?

Hello Everyone,

Newbie to the forum and the watch world, but have been wearing watch since pretty young and never leave the house without one. I guess is time to learn some tricks of the trade!

Currently I am wearing a Seiko kinetic Cal.5m62, No idea what the watch name is but below youtube link is the exact watch. Maybe someone can tell me the name?

I been wearing this piece for about 6 years and back then when I brought it I had no idea about watches and just got one that looked nice to me at the time.

What do you guys think of this piece?
    Seiko kinetic Cal.5M62 - YouTube

This is a huge forum and I would like to learn about the watch world in terms of branding, watch attire, different movements and history etc. It is a big world I am walking into and I have no idea where to start.

Any kind of suggestions and guidance is welcomed!

Also, I just measured my wrist and is about 6.5 inches, what would be the good size watch for my wrist size? (I like 44mm is that too big?)

Thanks
    Zero2011
    Last edited by zero2011; February 19th, 2012 at 01:48.

Al.

Re: Newbie to the forum! Some comments on my current piece (Seiko)?

Hi zero2011! That's a nice looking kinetic you've got there. In response to your comment about your wrist size, 44mm should be fine. My wrist is the same size as yours and the PAM111 (44mm) fits very well on me.

Welcome. you have a nice Seiko there. One of the great watch manufactures in the world.
    Ω 3570.50, Ω SM300, Ω 3221.30, Ω 2538.20.00, Ω 186.010, Ω 176.012,
    Ω 198.005, Ω 135.011

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice way to start your collection. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the thread! nice watch!

I would recommend looking into a mechanical/automatic watch for your next purchase. If you like Seiko, the SKX007 is a classic.

I think your wrist is on the small side (mine is about the same size) and 40mm is generally the largest I go. However it all depends on the style/shape of the watch. Lug to lug size is also very important.

Good luck!
    Last edited by canteaus; February 19th, 2012 at 08:19.

Looks cool to me. Reminds me of the Ananta a little.

Can't go wrong with a Seiko!

As for size, with your wrist, I'd stick to 42mm as a max. I've got an 8" wrist and consider 45mm to be my max size.

Bob
    Current Collection
    Omega Seamaster 2542.20 "Bond" - white dial, Breitling Colt GMT - silver, UTS 500M Bauhaus black, Sinn U1 - black, Sinn U1 -
    Orange - Doxa SUB 1200T Professional- Orange, Doxa Divingstar 300 - Yellow, Alpina Extreme 40 Sailing Chronograph - black, Tag Heuer SEL Link - Grey, Tag Heuer 1000 - Black Coral, AEgir CD-2 - grey, Benarus Moray - Green, Nauticfish 1000M - Blue, Boschett Cave Dweller - Yellow​, Boschett Cave Dweller - Grey, Boschett Legacy - Black/Gold, Bernhardt Sea Shark - red, Irreantum Magellan - blue, Irreantum Magellan - Orange, Ocean7 LM1 - Lume dial , Artego 500M - blue, Helson Shark Diver(45mm) - white/blue, Oliver Bronze - ​Brown, Hailos Holotype- yellow

thanks guys!! Been learning alot from this forum and getting my first watch display case as well!!

one thing I am confused about is what defines a dress watch? I been wearing this watch casually and with suit the whole time didnt know there is a difference =P

Quote Originally Posted by zero2011 View Post
    thanks guys!! Been learning alot from this forum and getting my first watch display case as well!!

one thing I am confused about is what defines a dress watch? I been wearing this watch casually and with suit the whole time didnt know there is a difference =P
    Dress watches are defined by the type of finish, type of dial, and typically worn with fine leather. What you have there is a fine casual wear watch. You know when you see a dress watch. Rather difficult to describe.

Thread Information