WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

newbie seeking purchase advice

684 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jhamlin38 
#1 ·
hello all,
im looking to make my 1st big watch purchase and dont really know where to begin. i thought i'd come here for some insights. as background, i really like IWC's portuguese automatic, but am looking for something in the 2-4K range. to clarify, looking for a leather band, not too "busy" a face, not too large a face, $2000-$4000. any advice on brands/online retailers i should look at?

#4 ·
Well in the price range you are targeting, there are a ton of choices. I would second Mike's suggestion of the Schauer. Very nice and not something you are going to run into on the wrist of others.

You have started your search at the right place. One piece of advice is TAKE YOUr TIME....the more you look around the more you will find watches you like and you will get a better sense of what speaks to you.

Good Luck and don't be a stranger. :-!

#7 ·
Simple sporty and elegant-tag carrera
Awesome diver Oris TT1
Cool german bauhaus Stowa Antea, Nomos
Classic sport elegant Omega speedie
Interesting and wonderful modern style-Perrelet
Check some of the interesting sothis watches at watchbuys. I handled one the otherday and its exceptional.
Take your time, and document what you like to see how your taste and desires change as you learn. Just don't jump in too fast. Be patient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.