Next Iron Chef...

Thread: Next Iron Chef...

Next Iron Chef...

I know I'll get some heat for not including pictures....so I'm sorry ahead of time. Anyway, on this show I've noticed several very nice watches. Almost every male chef on here (especially Appleman and Mullen) has a great watch every episode(G-Shock to Panerai and a few in between)...it seems this is common for chefs (Guy Fieri,etc.)...again, sorry for the lack of pictures, I'm not advanced enough to post screenshots,etc. Does anybody know if this is a "chef" thing?

Re: Next Iron Chef...

Ive noticed that too, those rich chefs do seem to have a thing for watches. Probably a status thing more than a hobby thing for many of them but im sure some are WIS. Regardless, it is nice to see expensive watches on people's wrists that aren't Rolexes.

It does seem to be a chef ting, at least a TV chef thing - most real worldcook's and chef's I ever worked with went for cheap and functional if anything at all (too much going on in the kitchen and too many things that will screw up your watch).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ding and dangs, in reality do to health dept regulations, some places will not let you wear a watch when cooking it from RAW items such as meat, fish, chicken BUT I do not see them wearing a rubber glove either.

would it be nice if some of these guys could get a paid for wearing certain brands of watch on national TV.

They probably go out and buy a nice watch for TV when they find out theyre gonna be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by newmedia View Post
    would it be nice if some of these guys could get a paid for wearing certain brands of watch on national TV.

Some already have a deal:
    http://www.ernstbenz.com/mariobatali/
    DW

Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=315531

I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

I have noticed this too, especially with the Next Iron Chef. 3 guys out of 7 on the show were wearing Panerai. Way too high a ratio. Seriously 1 out of 7 would have been high much less 3!

I am pretty sure these companies pay for the watches perhaps plus some $$$. Think about the amount of screen time watches get on a cooking show. I can't think of a better forum (excuse pun) to showcase watches. The reason I believe this is how many Rolex watches do you see...none.

Quote Originally Posted by keithdeyoung View Post
    I have noticed this too, especially with the Next Iron Chef. 3 guys out of 7 on the show were wearing Panerai. Way too high a ratio. Seriously 1 out of 7 would have been high much less 3!

I am pretty sure these companies pay for the watches perhaps plus some $$$. Think about the amount of screen time watches get on a cooking show. I can't think of a better forum (excuse pun) to showcase watches. The reason I believe this is how many Rolex watches do you see...none.
    I think its because Panerai is such a popular brand right now. Its sort of a fad (I dont mean that in a bad way), like the "got to have it" brand right now. Thats why we see so much of it, imo. Besides, doesnt Panerai sell pretty much every watch they make already?

except their Ferrari line, this is how strange we watch buyers are...

Thread Information