Next watch purchase
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Next watch purchase

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Next watch purchase

Hi All,

I Have just started out in the watch world and am considering my next purchase, I live in Australia and am heading to Hawaii via New Zealand in October so perfect opportunity to get my next watch. my first purchase was a Tissot prs200 as my under $500 purchase. So now I'm looking for my under $1000 purchase. So the question is what suggestions do the forum members have for me?

Re: Next watch purchase

What kind of watch are you looking for? Diver? Dress? Pilot? Chronograph?

Really open to all, if the design grabs my attention.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll play, but it'd be a whole lot easier if you gave us some idea of what you're leaning towards. First thing that comes to mind is the Longines Hydroconquest Automatic. Should be doable right around 1K.
    Last edited by Zeroedout; August 22nd, 2014 at 04:12.

Well I didn't want to give an idea of what I was thinking to much because I wanted to get some different ideas that I may not have thought of, plus my watch knowledge is at the newb level so there are probably many good brands I don't even know of. Nice suggestion longines Hydroconquest definitely on the list to check out.

The prc-200 is a great choice for a first watch, I think. The 200 is def. on the "sporty" end of things, so I'd suggest you move into the dressier style. It's always good to diversify a collection.

I'm a big believer in purchasing used, so I'll suggest the Longines Master Collection, a group of watches that goes for well over 1000 new, but can be purchased used for around the 1000 dollar range if you keep your eyes peeled for a bargain.

Thanks for the tip I hadn't considered used watches before, where do you buy them with confidence they are authentic? do you purchase online or do you go to a local dealer?
    Yes I am very happy with my tissot. Its great for my everyday watch.

I like ebay. Just be sure you buy from someone with a (very) reputable track record.

Here's another thought: If you have the opportunity while in New Zealand, maybe there's a way to visit with the owner of Magrette and purchase a watch directly from them. I honestly don't know anything about the company or New Zealand, but they make some pieces that look interesting. The cool thing is that you'd have a unique story behind the watch, be personally vested in it and hopefully have a wonderful time acquiring it!

MAGRETTE Watches, Regattare, Valencia, Auckland, New Zealand Yachting, NZL, Maori Watches & Watches for Men - Magrette.com

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I like this idea. I say do it!
    Last edited by Zeroedout; August 22nd, 2014 at 05:37.

Something from Oris should do the trick. They have very nice watches in the 1000 range.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information