No forum for racing watches?
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: No forum for racing watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused No forum for racing watches?

Given the significant motorsport connections that many famous watch brands (Rolex, Tag Heuer, Omega, Chopard, etc etc) have with motorsport, and the general popularity of chronographs, there seems to be a bit of an obvious gap that there's no motorsport/racing subforum. Perhaps this subject has been visited before, but I didn't find anything when I searched, so I figured I'd bring it up.

I guess the closest option is the Pil/Mil subforum, but I believe motorsport watches are sufficiently different from pilot watches to warrant their own space here. Thoughts?
    noregrets likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: No forum for racing watches?

We do think that Racing Watches are pretty well covered in our brand fora and Public. Can't see such a niche sub forum coming into existence.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

The racing themed design, unfortunately is not as vibrant as other sports... for example diving. Out of 15 watches release by a maker, most like only 1 or 2 will have racing design. TISSOT and SEIKO one such good example.
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    We do think that Racing Watches are pretty well covered in our brand fora and Public. Can't see such a niche sub forum coming into existence.
    Are motorsport themed watches really considered a smaller niche than pilot watches? Given the number of people globally who watch motorsports of some form or other (F1, rallying, NASCAR, endurance, GT, superbikes, motocross, etc etc etc) I would say that in terms of pure interest it has a much bigger base than aviation.

So I can't say I agree, but ok, if the moderators have already considered and dismissed the idea then I'll just leave it at that.

Would it perhaps make sense to combine it with the Pil/Mil forum then, to make it Pilot, Military and Racing (or Motorsport)? So at least those discussions are collected in one place instead of being spread out across the various brand fora?

I personally like those motor-sport theme design... however, in comparison, the design is really that niche than that of other military/pilot watch design.
    Modern day racing cars and motorbikes are colorful on the body decorations, and with motorsport design, it's not easy to get perfect color combination and dial styling. What makes the design a little more challenging, it seems that most makers cannot get a design well base on 3 hander movements. Most of the racing theme designs that are catchy to potential buyers eyes, have to be chronographs, no matter quartz or mechanical.

Military/Pilot watches, as well as Divers, are... in comparison a little more easier...
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

There is no intention to combine PIL\MIL with Racing.......

However, we do support and report about our sponsor's activities regarding racing....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  102.3 KB

...in the regular fora and we will continue doing so.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    +1

I think a Chronograph/Motorsports forum may do well. We have a Pilots/Military and a Dive Watch sub-forum that are thriving. Why not?

If we see enough support on this thread I'd be willing to give it a trial run.

I would much rather see a busy generic forum than a quiet niche one that gets only a few posts per week.
    OvrSteer, ShaggyDog and pantagruel like this.

There are too many forums already!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information