No love for Seiko?

Thread: No love for Seiko?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

No love for Seiko?

Hi everybody, this is my first post on WUS. This is a great community you have here, and I´m happy to participate. Even though I have a modest collection, I am certainly no expert, and I´m looking forward to learn a lot from you all.

As my handle implies, Seiko is my favorite brand. To me, they offer the best bang for the buck. By far. Seiko offers a lot of models, with quality in-house manufactured movements, and the price is right. The watch I wear every day is a Seiko 5 military style, with 7S26 movement. I wear it on a black NATO. I have been wearing it for about two years, the hardlex crystal still looks pristine, the movement has never given me any trouble (I set it about twice a month), and it looks good. People actually compliment the watch, and it can be had for less than $70. I also have an Oris TT1, but it does not get out of its box too much. It took me 8 months to save for the Oris, and I ended up using it only on very special occasions. Sometimes I put it on my wrist just to admire it, wind it, and then I put it back in its box. I won´t sell the Oris, but I feel more confortable wearing the Seiko automatics. I am not a rich man, and that fact colours my perception.

I have read a lot of threads on these forums. Along with many Seiko fans, I have also read posts from people that do not like it that much. Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I have read messages implying disdain for the brand.

That is alright, of course. We all like different things and so forth. But I wonder if there is anything I am missing here. What is it about Seiko, that some people don´t like? What is it that YOU don´t like?

I am not trying to push any buttons here, just curious.

Re: No love for Seiko?

I have had in the past and will get again
    6138-0040 blue black , and a brown one
    bellmatics ,
    7002-7009 and a few other 7002 variants
    a few 6139's ...

I like seikos but at this point in my like I also wanted an omega ... No Seiko hatters here as long as they are vintage or divers I love em

There is a ton of love for Seiko, especially the Orange Monster IMO. My guess is you hang around long enough and you find no shortage of people who have strong opinions for Rolex, Omega, and Breitling (they seem to pop up the most). Most importantly everyone on WUS love watches and brands for many different reasons. I know that I have an appreciation for a lot of brands that I normally would not know anything about if not for WUS. This the one place where you can talk watches with people who care! Welcome.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Seiko is for sure the best bang for the buck. I own a few, but only one is running right now, one needs a new battery and I just haven't got around to it and my other Kinetic needs a bracelet repaired. Out of all the watches I've ever owned, including an Omega, I've been the happiest about my Kinetic diver that is my current daily wear, as I've been driven nuts by accuracy in the past, but I'm still considering getting another auto down the road, looking at many brands, but I have a feeling I'll end up with another Seiko down the road.

Thanks for the welcome. The monsters are great, aren´t they?

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNasty1 View Post
    I know that I have an appreciation for a lot of brands that I normally would not know anything about if not for WUS.
    That´s for sure. I hadn´t heard about the Marathon line before joining WUS, and now I am considering getting one. Although I am not sure yet, since the price for a GSAR is a little over my ordinary watch budget. I wonder if I´ll end up not using it, if I eventually get one. The Citizen Skyhawk, on the other hand, looks better and better, the more I read about it. It´ll be my first ana-digi piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko_Fan View Post
    "....I have also read posts from people that do not like it that much. Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I have read messages implying disdain for the brand...."
    Don't take offense, but I do find it strange that you would have that impression. I have found it to be the opposite - that there is a HUGE love for Seikos in this forum - even from people who consider their Royal Oak Offshore or Zenith El Primero their "beater" watch! All of the Seiko divers I have acquired in the past 6 months or so have been a direct result of them having been shown and/or recommended here!

Lots of love for Seiko here

Welcome to the forum!

Since your totally into Seikos, other watches may not stack up to your liking.
    I have some Seiko watches, only one is a automatic. the others are sporturas and limited ignitions.

I like Seiko watches fine, but I just wish they made something besides a dive watch over 40mm wide...
    Keep List:

Seiko SKXA35 Auto Diver
    Stauer Day/Date/Month Auto
    Glycine Incursore 100M Auto
    O&W Ocean Master Vintage handwinder
    G-Shock GW3000BD-1ajfa
    G-Shock MTG910DA-1
    Citizen EcoZilla diver
    Hamilton Khaki Officer 44mm Unitas w/custom hands and lume
    Volmax Aviator 45mm handwinder
    Laco 42mm B-Type Flieger

Wish List:

Glycine Eugene Meylan
    Hamilton Jazzmaster PR
    Meistersinger Singlehand
    A +40mm Seiko Alpinist, if Seiko ever decides to make one...

My wrist size - 8"/20.3cm

No hate for Seiko here. I own a few swiss time pieces, and I also own a Seiko. I think it's a great watch and had no issues spending the money on it. I believe they are the best bang for the buck period.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information