Is no quickset date a deal breaker for you?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is no quickset date a deal breaker for you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is no quickset date a deal breaker for you?

I'm thinking about grabbing a Orient watch that unfortunately has no quickset date capabilities. Does anyone here own a watch without quickset date? Is it as irritating as I think it would be? I imagine that after a while I would ignore the date totally and not set it. Is it a dealer breaker you?
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

Re: Is no quickset date a deal breaker for you?

Short answer - no.

I normally do what you mentioned at the end of your post, just ignore the date and wear the watch. That's why I have become more attracted to no-date watches
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

no.

i like my Vostok Amphibias just fine. on a $40 watch it's really just a "personality trait"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is a dealbreaker for me, but I always wear watches with a date and I do not use a winder so it would be a big pain to be resetting that watch when I wanted to wear it and in the end would likely mean I would avoid wearing it.

I have only one no date watch and I agree that it is refreshing to not have to worry about setting the date.
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

Banned

I just bought a Bell-Matic which unbeknownst to me has no quickset day. I would have bought it even if I had known just because I really wanted a Bell-Matic, but setting the day sure is annoying. No quickset date woud be even more annoying. Either would be a deal breaker on a mdern watch, as it has come to be epected on even the lowliest 7s26. But on a vintage watch I could put up with it because times and technology were different.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    I just bought a Bell-Matic which unbeknownst to me has no quickset day. I would have bought it even if I had known just because I really wanted a Bell-Matic, but setting the day sure is annoying. No quickset date woud be even more annoying. Either would be a deal breaker on a mdern watch, as it has come to be epected on even the lowliest 7s26. But on a vintage watch I could put up with it because times and technology were different.
    What's a bell-matic?

I have many watches with the quick-date function, and I almost never use it.

D

Unless it's a vintage, yes. With today's technology, I see no excuse not to include quickset date capability in a modern watch. Nearly splurged on an Omega Seamaster GMT around a year ago, thank goodness I read that the quickset date function had been sacrificed for the GMT complication. I simply don't understand how an innovative company that sells this watch for US$2000 could scrimp on a quickset date.

Quote Originally Posted by flipangle View Post
    Is it a dealer breaker you?
    It ruined this watch for me...

Attached Images Attached Images

It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got. Sheryl Crow, "Soak Up The Sun"

My collection

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information