No watch on wrist
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No watch on wrist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No watch on wrist

I was debating whether to make a small rant thread as I am freaking out about not having a watch on today. I feel strange and empty and my wrist is cold.
    Since I feel bad about not contributing anything substantive to the forum, I’ll make this into a thread asking:
    What is the longest you’ve gone without wearing a watch (since you’ve gotten into the hobby), for what reason, and how did that make you feel?
    Also, anyone else not wearing a watch today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kalburnfall; November 20th, 2017 at 21:06.

Re: No watch on wrist

Hate that realization that I’ve forgotten a watch. A little rush of panic, unusually followed by anger and cursing (depending on the setting). I may spasmodically grasp my naked wrist, groping for the missing accouterment like a phantom limb. Other than that I think I handle it pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JMW

Without some sort of timepiece, I feel incomplete. However, I'm not wearing one today. My timepiece is my father's railroad pocket watch, from 1921. Nearly 100 years old and still keeps time to 2 seconds per day. Take that, quartz!!! LOL!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was running a bit late this morning and forgot to put on a watch. Luckily I keep an old Seiko 5 in my car for these type of situations.

What a novel ideas. I'll have to try it sometime. However, once my wife and I were in the car going someplace I think of no importance and I forgot my watch.
    So, I borrowed her watch which was one of my hand me downs that i had given her. It really felt strange with a 31 mm quartz on my wrist.

Perhaps the only time I'm not wearing any watch on my wrist is when I do team sports (soccer,basketball etc) as it can be harmful for others and myself

The other time I'm not wearing my watch is when I go to a hot public bath when I'm in Japan,because usually my watch strap is leather and I don't want to risk it...(took my JLC NSA to a hot bath though...)

Even when I'm in the gym I'll have my polar or Gshock on my wrist

They generally only come off for sleeping and showering. Since they're all generally on leather straps except for my workout watch (Seiko SNK033) I will occasionally take them off before cleaning a big pot or pan so I don't risk getting a bunch of soapy water on the strap. Otherwise I definitely feel weird if I don't have one on.

I usually don?t wear a watch in the house. I feel my wrist needs the breathing room.

When I still had to go sit at a desk and be miserable for most of the day, I would occasionally forget to put a watch on to go to work. I had a quartz beater in my desk that I would wear while at work.I remember that feeling of having no watch on.

Since retiring in 2012, at the ripe old age of 55, I have many days where I never strap on a watch.Your priorities change when you check out of the rat race. Enjoy life and be happy. It is way too short.
    Kevin

Always wear a backup

Synequano likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information